Reload this Page >

Campervan rentals in Carins

Campervan rentals in Carins

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

easygroove is on a distinguished road
Default Campervan rentals in Carins

Hi

Were planning a trip up to Cairns with the folks (coming out from UK) for 7 days. Want to hire a campervan and tour around Daintree/Cape Trib/Atherton/Mission Beach etc.

Has anyone got any good campervan rental company recommendations?

And any recommended campsites?

Or any other must see, must go to recommendations!!

Thanks

easyG
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Campervan rentals in Carins

Hello!

we live just outside of Cairns (Northern beaches) and I've noticed those "Britz" (I think!) campervan hires are very popular.

For camping:

Tablelands:- Millaa Millaa falls are fab, as are Malanda falls. Innot hot springs and Ravenshoe are good too. Chillagoe is great and you must have a go in the caves - the 'Donna cave' is especially good. The 'obsevatory' camp site at chillagoe is very good - nice evening meals if you don't fancy cooking for a night, an observatiory to star gaze and the couple and their dog who run the place are really friendly.

Daintree:- Noah beach is just stunning, as is Thornton beach. Noah beach is a QLD gov camp site - you have to book and pay before hand. Supplies up there are short so take everything you might need before you take the Daintree river crossing. (Especially your vino!!! )

Mission beach:- Flying fish point is a lovely lunch stop out of Gordonvale and on the way and Bramston beach has a great camp site - heaps of Kookaburras and superb night fishing off the beach (the 'les-be-friends' couple who run it are a bit scary at first but soon warm to you if you kiss their asses a bit - as I did after they chased me in their golf buggy...I was doing about 11K's P/H around the site rather than the recommended 10k's ) Mission beach itself isn't much to write home about, especially after being in the Daintree but still worth a stay for a day or two. Having said that, it's got the biggest concentration of cassowaries there in the whole world (if you can spot 'em - they're a tad shy!!! - just DON'T run over one if you do see 'em!!! )

Will have a think over the next few mins and see if theres anything I've forgotten from our camping trips....
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

cheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Campervan rentals in Carins

Originally Posted by easygroove
Hi

Were planning a trip up to Cairns with the folks (coming out from UK) for 7 days. Want to hire a campervan and tour around Daintree/Cape Trib/Atherton/Mission Beach etc.

Has anyone got any good campervan rental company recommendations?

And any recommended campsites?

Or any other must see, must go to recommendations!!

Thanks

easyG

Hi

We have done the Brisbane to Cairns trip twice now (only just returned home again), we have used www.selfdriveshop.com 5 times to rent our campers in Oz and have found them very efficient and helpful (and the cheapest).we have had either Britz or Maui campers with them.

Mission beach is great and the campsites excellent, Lake Tinaroo has a wonderful campsite opposite the lake. we went to Cape Trib on our last trip but I must say we were very disappointed it wasn't what we were lead to believe and the campsite we stayed on was not good..

The campsite book you get with the campers only has the Big 4 campsites in, but they are not always the best, this year we were given another book by a lady who ran a campsite and it contained loads of campsites, so when we hit an area we wanted to stay we could have a look at the sites in the book and take our pick, very useful.

The Atherton tablelands and Daintree are beautiful.

Hope this is helpful

cheakyboy