Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Campervan hire, can anyone recommend ?

Campervan hire, can anyone recommend ?

Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Campervan hire, can anyone recommend ?

We plan to hire a campervan to drive from Adelaide to Melbourne. just one of those high top passion wagons would do! Can anyone recommend anywhere that is reasonable.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

bob1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

HAY THERE

I HAVE JUST HIRED A CAMPER VAN IN wa FOR 5 WEEKS. THEY WERE CALLED 'WICKED CAMPERS'. I KNOW THAT THEY WERE A NATIONAL COMPANY SO I'M SURE THEY WOULD BE IN ADELAIDE AS WELL. THEY WERE NICE VANS AND ARE THE CHEAPEST BY ABOUT A MILLION MILES. ONLY THING IS THE FUEL ECONOMY ISN'T VEY GOODON THEY (BUT THE SAME WITH ALL CAMPER VANS) AND YOU HAVE TO PUT UP WITH HAVING A STUPID PAINTING ON THE SIDE OFTHE VAN. IF YOUR LUCKY YOU GET OCEAN AND DOLPHINS. IF NOT THEN YOU GET BOOBS AND BUMS. OURS WAS IN THE MIDDLE, THE GRIM RIPER. VERY CHEERY!!!!!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

jscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Campervan hire, can anyone recommend ?

I have been looking at camper van websites.

The best prices I can find for the size of van we require are with Brisbane Motor Camper Centre who have depots in Adelaide and Melbourne.

Will find out how good they are in March!

If you are interested the web address is www.motorcamper.com.au

Any more suggestions from anyone??????

Thanks

Jaqui
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:24 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

There is a company called Britz, saw one of their vans the other day, but dont know how prices compare etc.

Britz Campervans .

Stupid advertising logo on the sides, at least its not bums & boobs or the grim reaper though LOL.

Try doing a search, Im sure this has been discussed before.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:30 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
There is a company called Britz, saw one of their vans the other day, but dont know how prices compare etc.

Britz Campervans .

Stupid advertising logo on the sides, at least its not bums & boobs or the grim reaper though LOL.

Try doing a search, Im sure this has been discussed before.
Britz seem quite big. I have seen loads of their vans getting moved on down at Bondi.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:41 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Britz seem quite big. I have seen loads of their vans getting moved on down at Bondi.
Moved on?

As I said, I have no idea what they are like, I just happened to see a van the other day & for some unknown reason I took notice of the name & have remembered it. Planning to go anywhere in a camper with my 2 kids would be the last thing on earth I would want to do :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Will&Rosie is an unknown quantity at this point

We hired a camper van from Britz when we were on holiday in Perth last year. If you book from the UK you can get a better rate, they also have "backpacker specials" on some models. Don't know how their prices compare though.

Rosie
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

brisbane bronco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can anyone recc Campervan Co for NZ?

Before we land in Oz, we are looking to hire a Campervan in New Zealand's South Island.

Has anyone any reccomendations on companies to use, or to avoid? We are considering Britz amongst others..

Is the insurance upgrade worth the money? And did you go for the part excess reduction or the whole 100%?
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

dillon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone recc Campervan Co for NZ?

Originally posted by brisbane bronco
Before we land in Oz, we are looking to hire a Campervan in New Zealand's South Island.

Has anyone any reccomendations on companies to use, or to avoid? We are considering Britz amongst others..

Is the insurance upgrade worth the money? And did you go for the part excess reduction or the whole 100%?

I hired a van from a cheap outfit in Christchurch and had nothing but hassle. Afraid I can't remember the name of the company but it ended up with my credit card company forcing them to return my bond. Had the same hassles with cheap car hire companies in Oz. Mates have used Britz and said they were very good. After hiring loads of cars etc around the world I now only go with the big firms as you don't have the hassle of getting your bond back off them. Remember - your giving these guys your credit card number and they can pretty much do what they want with it!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

A cheap company for campervans for NZ is www.backpackercampervans.com friend hired a car from them (late model excellent nick though small) and had nothing but praise from them.
Roger

P.S. They do Oz too.