Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Campervan Collision Damage Waiver Insurance?

Campervan Collision Damage Waiver Insurance?

Old Jan 6th 2014, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Campervan Collision Damage Waiver Insurance?

When you pick up the campvan photograph it in great detail before you drive off. If you spot any undocumented scratch go and get the hire co. rep and make them document it on you copy of the paperwork.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleys
When you pick up the campvan photograph it in great detail before you drive off. If you spot any undocumented scratch go and get the hire co. rep and make them document it on you copy of the paperwork.
I do that with rental cars as well. Before driving off I always take a good look at the entire vehicle - inside and out - and take photos of any damage and make sure the rental company documents it.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 4:47 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I do that with rental cars as well. Before driving off I always take a good look at the entire vehicle - inside and out - and take photos of any damage and make sure the rental company documents it.
Yep I just rented a 7 seater one way so spent 5 mins videoing all the damage. For a 13 plate it had masses of scratches & dents as well as 4 scrubbed alloys. The girl was very reluctant to speak on video when I asked if they were all documented. Last time I hired one way the same company tried to stiff me 300 quid for a dent in the passenger door that wasn't even there when we returned the car.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 7:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I live in Oz and used HBF, not sure if people from outside Australia can buy travel insurance from them though. Maybe some other BE members will know.
WA residents only