Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cambridge Meet - Round Three

Cambridge Meet - Round Three

Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:41 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cambridge Meet - Round Three

The summer has been and gone and that beautiful day on Newnham Common is but a distant memory......

So, is it about time for another Cambridge (and surrounds) get together?

Thinking vaguely about the end of October or beginning of November. Inside. Preferably with an open fire and amusement for those wanting to bring small people.

Any takers?
Old Oct 5th 2004, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cambridge Meet - Round Three

Originally Posted by bundy
The summer has been and gone and that beautiful day on Newnham Common is but a distant memory......

Thinking vaguely about the end of October or beginning of November. Inside. Preferably with an open fire and amusement for those wanting to bring small people.

Any takers?
Yeah go on then. We're all well and truly stressed so some time out sounds like just what we need.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Any takers?

Hiya Bundy

Count us in.

I'm sure Gary & Tracy will want to go as well.

What dates & venue did you have in mind?

Graham & Sara
Old Oct 5th 2004, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

We Will Make It If We Can

Want To Meet You All As We Missed The Last One

Sally And John
Old Oct 6th 2004, 6:22 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Right, well, what dates can anyone do? I can do pretty much any date between now and Christmas except the last weekend in October.

Venue? Erm, where do we want to be? In Cambridge again, or go back to Bury St Eds as before (good for the kids)?

Suggestions on a postcard, please!
Old Oct 6th 2004, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

Right, well, what dates can anyone do? I can do pretty much any date between now and Christmas except the last weekend in October.

Venue? Erm, where do we want to be? In Cambridge again, or go back to Bury St Eds as before (good for the kids)?

Suggestions on a postcard, please!
We would be up for it, but would need somewhere that is kiddie friendly. This month is a bit busy - kiddies parties virtually every weekend :scared:

Alastair
Old Oct 6th 2004, 7:28 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Al H
We would be up for it, but would need somewhere that is kiddie friendly. This month is a bit busy - kiddies parties virtually every weekend :scared:

Alastair
Well if YFitz brings her tribe there will be plenty of kids about anyway, so we always find a child-friendly place. Since I don't have kids (yet) I don't really know the good child-friendly places around here. We normally aim for a pub to keep the adults amused, but find one with a kids play area or similar. Do you know of any such places in the Cambridge area?

Might be easier to find out what dates you are able to do - busiest person gets to pick the date! I am not, therefore I can fit in around everyone else's plans. It's pot luck with Mr B - depends if he's working or not. We can make it November if it's easier.....
Old Oct 6th 2004, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Well if YFitz brings her tribe there will be plenty of kids about anyway, so we always find a child-friendly place. Since I don't have kids (yet) I don't really know the good child-friendly places around here. We normally aim for a pub to keep the adults amused, but find one with a kids play area or similar. Do you know of any such places in the Cambridge area?

Might be easier to find out what dates you are able to do - busiest person gets to pick the date! I am not, therefore I can fit in around everyone else's plans. It's pot luck with Mr B - depends if he's working or not. We can make it November if it's easier.....

We can do 23/24 Oct but not 30/31 ( I have a weekend of pampering and drunken debauchery at a spa with my girlfriends ) 6/7 Nov also Ok. The Rushbrook Arms at Bury St Eds seemed to tick all the boxes last time but if there is a place with similar facilities elsewhere we'll travel. We can even bring our visas to show off this time
Yvonne
Old Oct 6th 2004, 9:05 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by YFitz
We can do 23/24 Oct but not 30/31 ( I have a weekend of pampering and drunken debauchery at a spa with my girlfriends ) 6/7 Nov also Ok. The Rushbrook Arms at Bury St Eds seemed to tick all the boxes last time but if there is a place with similar facilities elsewhere we'll travel. We can even bring our visas to show off this time
Yvonne
Yep, bring the visas so that we can all gaze in wonder and awe at them (particular given the effort it took to get them!).

The Rushbrook Arms did work well last time, fantastic for the kiddies. Al - are you willing/able to travel to Bury St Eds?

We can also do 23/24 or 6/7. Make it a Sunday and Mr B can come too.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 9:09 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bundy

As Graham said, you can count us in. Not too worried about the dates as we are reasonably flexible. But having the meet on a Sunday would be a good idea.

Can you let us know when you have something fixed.

Thanks, Gary

Yep, bring the visas so that we can all gaze in wonder and awe at them (particular given the effort it took to get them!).

The Rushbrook Arms did work well last time, fantastic for the kiddies. Al - are you willing/able to travel to Bury St Eds?

We can also do 23/24 or 6/7. Make it a Sunday and Mr B can come too.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 9:11 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by gsb
Hi Bundy

As Graham said, you can count us in. Not too worried about the dates as we are reasonably flexible. But having the meet on a Sunday would be a good idea.

Can you let us know when you have something fixed.

Thanks, Gary
Yep, no worries. Is Bury St Eds ok for you?

Looking like either Sunday 24 Oct or Sunday 7 Nov at the moment......

Will PM you once we've got it sorted.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 9:19 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of a hike, but if Graham and Sara are going then we will more thann likely be up for it.

I will check the dates with Tracey and get back to you.

But I am sure it will be worth it to drool over the visas!!!!

Gary

Old Oct 6th 2004, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bundy

BSE wasn't too far for us and the grub & venue was good.

Took us a little over an hour to get there.

Any dates are fine with Sara and I apart from the weekend of November 19th, but would hope it would be before then.

Let us know when you can, we'll bring or go with Gary & Tracy.

Graham
Old Oct 6th 2004, 9:40 am
gsb
Cake or Death

I believe it will be our turn to take you both by then Graham.

Spoke to Tracey and she would prefer the 7th Nov as we have quite a hectic October!

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hi Bundy

BSE wasn't too far for us and the grub & venue was good.

Took us a little over an hour to get there.

Any dates are fine with Sara and I apart from the weekend of November 19th, but would hope it would be before then.

Let us know when you can, we'll bring or go with Gary & Tracy.

Graham
Old Oct 6th 2004, 9:43 am
She's a bird, you know

Ok, just need to hear from Al and then the ovenaters to fix a date.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.