Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cambridge Meet Round 2

Cambridge Meet Round 2

Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Come on you lot..............!!!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 10:00 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like being the 31st July then!

Could make it a picnic on Newnham Common (parking, loos and playground) for the fine weather option....not sure where would be a good child-friendly place if it rained. Somewhere in Grantchester? Anyone know more about chlid-friendly pubs than me??!!

Yvonne - bad luck about the visas. Know how you feel. Had all been well, and my mum not got sick, we'd have been flying out to Oz last week It sucks, doesn't it?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bundy

Could make it a picnic on Newnham Common (parking, loos and playground) for the fine weather option....not sure where would be a good child-friendly place if it rained. Somewhere in Grantchester? Anyone know more about chlid-friendly pubs than me??!!

Yvonne - bad luck about the visas. Know how you feel. Had all been well, and my mum not got sick, we'd have been flying out to Oz last week It sucks, doesn't it?

We can't make 31 July - away at the grandparents - so have a great time everyone. Hopefully we will be able to meet up with some of you later in the year

Alastair
Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:36 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Al H
We can't make 31 July - away at the grandparents - so have a great time everyone. Hopefully we will be able to meet up with some of you later in the year

Alastair

Well, we can have another one! One to see if we can get Anya and Mark to come along, and another one for you guys.

And I'm always knocking around Cambridge so I can meet up with anyone who lives here at any time, doesn't have to be at the usual meet...
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Yeah it does suck, Harriet, and we have had to completely change our plans. Fortunately it's only a temporary set back due to a **** up by the agents and it hasn't been nearly as bad as the stress you will have had with your mum's illness. Glad she is on the mend now.
We can make the 31st and will travel to wherever. What about everyone else? It's all gone quiet!
Yvonne x
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:06 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by YFitz
Yeah it does suck, Harriet, and we have had to completely change our plans. Fortunately it's only a temporary set back due to a **** up by the agents and it hasn't been nearly as bad as the stress you will have had with your mum's illness. Glad she is on the mend now.
We can make the 31st and will travel to wherever. What about everyone else? It's all gone quiet!
Yvonne x
We are deffo up for it! Will be a nice change from panicking at home.

Can do Newnham or anywhere else - just let us know where & when.

Anya.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anya4oz
We are deffo up for it! Will be a nice change from panicking at home.

Can do Newnham or anywhere else - just let us know where & when.

Anya.
Hi All

Sara and I are still up for it.
Just keep us informed of a venue and time.

Gravyman
Old Jul 20th 2004, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

dazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura about

Bundy,if its all like Saturday night then you shall have a great time,still cant believe you came.
By the way what do you do for a living,or did you tell me?Alchohol you know!!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:23 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by dazandreb
Bundy,if its all like Saturday night then you shall have a great time,still cant believe you came.

LOL! The expats meets are much more refined affairs (Anya, stop sniggering).

Can't believe I made it up your way either, but very glad I did because it was a laugh!

Me? I run Summer Schools for Cambridge University. Very dull and rather stressful in the, erm, summer.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:36 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by dazandreb
Oooo what did we miss?
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:45 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Oooo what did we miss?
Went to Bradford last weekend to say farewell to Loose and met dazandreb there, that's all. Funny night out in Bradford with Loose's gang.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:48 pm
She's a bird, you know

I'm all weighed down with Summer Schools stress and a miserable chest infection....have we got any further with arranging anything for this weekend? Weather's looking ominously crap as usual...can we think of a good child-friendly pub in this part of the world?
Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm all weighed down with Summer Schools stress and a miserable chest infection....have we got any further with arranging anything for this weekend? Weather's looking ominously crap as usual...can we think of a good child-friendly pub in this part of the world?
We are definately up for a meet and i think it will have to be this weekend for Anya and Mark- we could just go back to the Rushbrooke Arms- it would save us going round in circles trying to come up with somewhere and not getting anywhere.......if not there then there must be a silmilar type place in Cambridge?

Sorry you feel crap- it's this rubbish weather getting everybody down. We're off to the pool now- trying to get Erin and Kieran swimmimg competently before we get to OZ....it's not looking too promising though- they just want to mess about on the boogy boards and play on the slide...ho hum
Yvonne x
Old Jul 27th 2004, 9:25 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by YFitz
We are definately up for a meet and i think it will have to be this weekend for Anya and Mark- we could just go back to the Rushbrooke Arms- it would save us going round in circles trying to come up with somewhere and not getting anywhere.......if not there then there must be a silmilar type place in Cambridge?

Sorry you feel crap- it's this rubbish weather getting everybody down. We're off to the pool now- trying to get Erin and Kieran swimmimg competently before we get to OZ....it's not looking too promising though- they just want to mess about on the boogy boards and play on the slide...ho hum
Yvonne x

That's a thought - could go back there if no one else has any suggestions. Being as yet without child ( ) I don't know much about the child-friendly pubs in this area, but there must be some
Old Jul 28th 2004, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Have seen weather forecast for Saturday and it's looking good. Shall we just do the picnic thing. Newnham Park at 12 o'clock???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.