Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Caloundra Primary Scool

Caloundra Primary Scool

Old Dec 11th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Default Caloundra Primary Scool

Does anyone have any experience of Caloundra Primary as i am considering sending my 8 yr old there?
Any info or views on Caloundra in general, as a place to live, would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Rachelx
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caloundra Primary Scool

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Does anyone have any experience of Caloundra Primary as i am considering sending my 8 yr old there?
Any info or views on Caloundra in general, as a place to live, would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Rachelx
Hiya hun

That is one of the areas we liked, that and Mountain Creek and Buderim. Mountain Creek school looks nice but we didn't go in

Not long now!!how you feeling?

Sue x
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hiya hun

That is one of the areas we liked, that and Mountain Creek and Buderim. Mountain Creek school looks nice but we didn't go in

Not long now!!how you feeling?

Sue x
NUMB
I keep thinking there must be something wrong with me as it all feels so unreal and i cant get my head round not coming back after a few weeks!
Im excited though....So how was Caloundra? Dan says Mountain Creek is too isolated for me but we have seen a house there with a pool, which would help me to settle in
How are you all doin?
Hope everything is going well.....hows the homesickness. Im dreading that, as not sure wot to expect really
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

NUMB
I keep thinking there must be something wrong with me as it all feels so unreal and i cant get my head round not coming back after a few weeks!
Im excited though....So how was Caloundra? Dan says Mountain Creek is too isolated for me but we have seen a house there with a pool, which would help me to settle in
How are you all doin?
Hope everything is going well.....hows the homesickness. Im dreading that, as not sure wot to expect really

The part of Mountain Creek we saw was not far from those other areas? it all seemed to be connected from one area to another?...But I am BLONDE and do get at times maybe I'm wrong!!

I felt the same as you before we came over, its a really odd and not very nice feeling.... Once you get on the plane you start to think in a different way.

Not missed the UK at all, just family and friends...but still wouldn't go back.

Will come up and see you once you've settled

Sue x
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

NUMB
How are you all doin?
Mountain creeks probably one of the most central and well serviced bits of the coast, its certainly not isolated, its about 3 mins from mooloolaba beach, 5 mins to maroochydore CBD, 5 mins to a big shopping world, has 2 existing lots of shops, a bus service runs right through it, a petrol station, large woolworth (food) complex is just being constructed as well. Theres a giant olympic swimming pool, golf course/club, tennis club, basket ball stadium again 3 mins away. Bike paths cross the area for cyclists. Vast childcare centre, 1000 child primary school, 2000 child high school which is broken into 4 sub schools and a large Tafe. Were about 5 mins from there in alexandra headland, surf beach area with loads of cafes and nightlife, buderim would be 5 mins from mountain creek too and has its own village with banks restaurants etc. University is 5 mins away and a massive hospital is planned on the same spot. Mountain creeks got a great brilliant docs surgery too where they see kids for free.

Caloundras nice too, but its spread out to get those facilities you would need to drive and it has a reputation for shutting at 5.30, mountain creek you would still be close to some evening life too.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 5:03 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Mountain creeks got a great brilliant docs surgery too where they see kids for free.
which one's that? we haven't sorted any docs or anything out yet...touch wood haven't needed to. But one that sees kids for free I'd like to know about!

Thanks J&R!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
which one's that? we haven't sorted any docs or anything out yet...touch wood haven't needed to. But one that sees kids for free I'd like to know about!

Thanks J&R!
Its on the corner of golf links drive the bottom part as you go past the golf course thats how we found it, and the main road through Mountain creek sorry dont know the name but its the main drag where they are building the new woolworths.

I will PM you the number. There are 4 docs there and 2 certainly bulk bill kids as we had ours in there 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

Edit sent PM and forgot to say you dont have to live in mountain creek to go there, can go to any docs in OZ, no registering etc.

Last edited by jad n rich; Dec 12th 2005 at 5:16 am.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 5:15 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I know where you mean..thanks for that!!!!! will def be taking mine there when they decide to be ill enough to need a doc....which fortunately hasn't been yet..well they've been ill with many a virus but nothin a doc can fix.

Wassup with yours???
Old Dec 12th 2005, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by artep
Wassup with yours???
Ear infections, swimming pools again, and a nice virus which creates lots of buckets of puke thankfully recovered now.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 5:22 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Ear infections, swimming pools again, and a nice virus which creates lots of buckets of puke thankfully recovered now.
eeeeewwww!!!!!!! Glad they're better now!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

NUMB
How are you all doin?

Also went past Mountain Creek school a few times, looks nice didn't go in though.

We also did look into rentals in Caloundra and don't want to worry you but there was not much around, maybe having a couple of areas in mind may help could have improved as that was when we first got over here. There is alot going to happen in Caloundra over the next 5 years so may be a good place to settle in...well worth a look.

Sue x
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sue2
Also went past Mountain Creek school a few times, looks nice didn't go in though.

We also did look into rentals in Caloundra and don't want to worry you but there was not much around, maybe having a couple of areas in mind may help could have improved as that was when we first got over here. There is alot going to happen in Caloundra over the next 5 years so may be a good place to settle in...well worth a look.

Sue x
Yeah
Mountain creek, buderim, caloundra and moloolaba are on my hit list at the mo.
Although having never seen any of them its hard to decide
Cant believe i will be down the road(well in ozzy terms!) from you soon.
xx
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah
Mountain creek, buderim, caloundra and moloolaba are on my hit list at the mo.
Although having never seen any of them its hard to decide
Cant believe i will be down the road(well in ozzy terms!) from you soon.
xx

I know its mad....be like old times got a spare bed here if you need it....or if you need to get away from Dan

Sue x...your looking at good areas anyway
Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:16 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Rachelx
hi

we moved to caloundra from warwickshire 5 months ago and its been great so far. we have a 4 year old at prpe-school at caloundra city, and an 18mth at golden beach kindy. they seem excellent places for the kids. dont know too much about caloundra primary but have heard from colleagues that its a fine school with decent rep:

http://www.caloundrss.qld.edu.au/main.htm

caloundra itself has so much to offer - our favourite palce in england is st ives cornwall and lived in devon before coming out here - we chose caloundra as it like devon and cornwall it has many beaches offering different things for families, surfers, bathers etc...and 'its sunny most of the time, and when its not so sunny its perfect.' we live in pelican waters and someone else mentioned the lack of rentals but we're having to move out of our current one end jan, and looking for one in the same area - there are a few to choose but the rental system here means you have to get in quick as its usually first come first serve. we were planning on living in redcliffe before here and had loads of challenges in finding somewhere to rent so are veterans now! make sure you've got some references from your financial or property people, and plenty of id - id = points and points = rental!

caloundra's a bit like a small seaside town with one main high street, good few shops, plenty real estate and chip shops but mostly surrounded by beaches. also good for transport around the coast - can get to noosa in 30 mins and brisbane in just over an hour. so far so good...