Reload this Page >

Calling Soccer fans in Melbourne

Calling Soccer fans in Melbourne

Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

thegreatmughal is on a distinguished road
Default Calling Soccer fans in Melbourne

dear all,

request you all to please let me know, is there any soccer clubs in melbourne where i can also join them and enjoy this lovely game. BTW which are the top-most clubs in mel for soccer like aresnal, man u, chelsea in eng league; valencia, real madrid in spanish league and juventus of italinan league. is there any club matches takes place like we have in our champion league or english league or spanish league.

and what is the best way to join them professionally.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling Soccer fans in Melbourne

Originally Posted by thegreatmughal
dear all,

request you all to please let me know, is there any soccer clubs in melbourne where i can also join them and enjoy this lovely game. BTW which are the top-most clubs in mel for soccer like aresnal, man u, chelsea in eng league; valencia, real madrid in spanish league and juventus of italinan league. is there any club matches takes place like we have in our champion league or english league or spanish league.

and what is the best way to join them professionally.
you won't get the quality of soccer that you do in Europe. I have been to a few NSL games whilst living in Melbourne, and Champions League/Premiership/Serie A it ain't!!! NSL (national soccer league) has just been replaced by the 'A league', which kicks off next August. It only has 8 teams, including a newly created team 'Melbourne Victory'

I don't know any more than that....any Melburnians know any more about the new A league, the new Melbourne Victory, and what has happened to former NSL clubs such as South Melbourne?
Old Nov 10th 2004, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

ohh.. sounds down i thought i cd get some quality soccer in mel, when i land there. anyway thanks for the message... BTW which club you follow the most ?

[QUOTE=HiddenPaw]you won't get the quality of soccer that you do in Europe. I have been to a few NSL games whilst living in Melbourne, and Champions League/Premiership/Serie A it ain't!!! NSL (national soccer league)
Old Nov 10th 2004, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thegreatmughal
ohh.. sounds down i thought i cd get some quality soccer in mel, when i land there. anyway thanks for the message... BTW which club you follow the most ?
I'm not there anymore but I used to go to South Melbourne who played by Albert Park. At that time, NSL , in my opinion, was about the equivalent quality of the UK 3rd Division. Crowd turnout was probably about 3-4000. I only found out about the revamped A League in the last week, so I dont know anything about the Melbourne team, where it has got its players from, where they will play, etc.

My club in the UK is Liverpool.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

mine one is arsenal the "gunners". but i am very upset the way they played against crsytal palace. did u see that match!!! it is one of the best matches i have seen so far (not to forget arsenal vs man u). i appreciate the way crystal palace guys played, they almost won the match had that goal been scored but gone above the goal post (in the dying moments of play)...
well my fingers are crossed for their remaining matches... hope they also do well in the champions league...

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Old Nov 10th 2004, 5:56 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
I'm not there anymore but I used to go to South Melbourne who played by Albert Park. At that time, NSL , in my opinion, was about the equivalent quality of the UK 3rd Division. Crowd turnout was probably about 3-4000. I only found out about the revamped A League in the last week, so I dont know anything about the Melbourne team, where it has got its players from, where they will play, etc.

They don't have any players yet HP. They don't even have a manager yet, thats all the next step. Its not definite but very likely they will be playing at Telstra Dome.