Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CALLING MRS JTL & ANYONE ELSE WITH A KNOWLEDGE OF HONG KONG

CALLING MRS JTL & ANYONE ELSE WITH A KNOWLEDGE OF HONG KONG

Old May 20th 2005, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future
Default CALLING MRS JTL & ANYONE ELSE WITH A KNOWLEDGE OF HONG KONG

hi all
well it looks like all change again - after being set up to fly to perth via singapore - we have just found a cracking deal on ebookers

june 8 via hong kong one way £241 per ad £183 per child - with a 5 day stopover in hong kong flying with cathay pacific

far cheaper than all the others ive been looking at so now it looks like we will be going with them!!

so to drag up yet another popular topic - hotel rooms in hong kong seen lots of recommendations but none that will accommodate 5 people

we have 3 kids 10 8 & 8 (twins) so would prefer 1 room as opposed to adjoining, but not essential - dont mind what sort of star rating but would like somewhere with a pool

any help anyone???

thanks in advance

pootle
Old May 20th 2005, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: CALLING MRS JTL & ANYONE ELSE WITH A KNOWLEDGE OF HONG KONG

Originally Posted by pootle26
hi all
well it looks like all change again - after being set up to fly to perth via singapore - we have just found a cracking deal on ebookers

june 8 via hong kong one way £241 per ad £183 per child - with a 5 day stopover in hong kong flying with cathay pacific

far cheaper than all the others ive been looking at so now it looks like we will be going with them!!

so to drag up yet another popular topic - hotel rooms in hong kong seen lots of recommendations but none that will accommodate 5 people

we have 3 kids 10 8 & 8 (twins) so would prefer 1 room as opposed to adjoining, but not essential - dont mind what sort of star rating but would like somewhere with a pool

any help anyone???

thanks in advance

pootle

Sorry cant help but wow thats really cheap theres 6 of us 2ad and 4ch so that makes a huge difference, plus dont know if you realize but maybe too late for you but Disney opening in HK in Sept so thought might detour.
Cant gat over the price!!

Chris
Old May 20th 2005, 5:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

any help anyone???

thanks in advance

pootle

She can't answer at the mo. Hubby has quarantined the 'puter.
Old May 20th 2005, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Thats so cruel poor Mrs JTL.

Hope its not the cause of a messy divorce!!! lol

Chris
Old May 20th 2005, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

frufrublu is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Sorry cant help but wow thats really cheap theres 6 of us 2ad and 4ch so that makes a huge difference, plus dont know if you realize but maybe too late for you but Disney opening in HK in Sept so thought might detour.
Cant gat over the price!!

Chris
hello there

i lived in hong kong for a couple of years so know it well although that said cant help you with hotel but try cheaphotels.com part of cheapflights.com they seem to have alot of good links. there is a hotel called the excelsior which is in an area called causeway bay dont know about swimming pool though.

well hope that helps

sam
Old May 20th 2005, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

frufrublu is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by frufrublu
hello there

i lived in hong kong for a couple of years so know it well although that said cant help you with hotel but try cheaphotels.com part of cheapflights.com they seem to have alot of good links. there is a hotel called the excelsior which is in an area called causeway bay dont know about swimming pool though.

well hope that helps

sam
aw my gawd what a big lady !!!!!!!!!!
Old May 20th 2005, 5:36 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

hi all

any help anyone???

thanks in advance

pootle
How does everybody get these cracking fares, just tried it and i get £300 PER ADULT from heathrow and cant get a stopover cos it prices then at about £420 an adult plus cost of Hotel???

Must be me get the same trouble with opado etc.
Old May 20th 2005, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

hi - thanks for the replies guys - i'll look into it

the fare i found was with travelbag not e bookers sorry

i have been looking for ages on the web, but i phoned them & spoke to a nice guy called ian who found the cheapest fare for me
the price wasnt specific to that date so if you ring them you might get a good deal.

unfortunately we have to be in perth before the end of june otherwise we would have stopped off at disney
we will just have to go there on holiday

well the search continues

pootle
Old May 20th 2005, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

The official tourist board website may help: www.DiscoverHongKong.com. I cannot comment on a particular hotel to stay with your requirement, but I can recommend the areas to stay... with good transport link - MTR (tube), shops, restaurants...

Hong Kong Island - Wan Chai & Causeway Bay. Hotels in Central & Admiralty are very expensive.
Kowloon - Tsim Sha Tsui & Yau Ma Tei.

The official tourist board provides a guide for family with young children, check it out.

BTW I am in Hong Kong at the moment, if you need other help feel free to PM me.

Good luck with the hotel search.

Pat
Old May 20th 2005, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

excellent - have just had a quick look - looks a good site - been thrown off the computer by the kids

i will have a look for hotels in that particular area
many thanks for your help -

pootle26
Old May 20th 2005, 8:48 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

excellent - have just had a quick look - looks a good site - been thrown off the computer by the kids

i will have a look for hotels in that particular area
many thanks for your help -

pootle26
A 'few' years ago i stayed in Nathan Road - a place called Chung King Mansions - stay well clear - although i am sure they wont appear in any search engine
Old May 20th 2005, 9:13 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Only taken the keyboard away I think, I saw that he was browsing yesterday, so he's still reading it all .

Pootle, you have my heartfelt sympathy for having to travel with twins - no, actually, for just having twins .
Old May 20th 2005, 9:16 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
A 'few' years ago i stayed in Nathan Road - a place called Chung King Mansions - stay well clear - although i am sure they wont appear in any search engine
Good place for a curry though, if you are in a group. Not for the faint hearted, and do not enter alone!!!!
Old May 20th 2005, 9:18 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Good place for a curry though, if you are in a group. Not for the faint hearted, and do not enter alone!!!!
They're infamous I'd love to stay there
Old May 20th 2005, 9:24 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
They're infamous I'd love to stay there
people have been known to disappear in there for days on end. It is the cheapest accomodation in Hong Kong for a reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.