Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling anyone with own business on Sunshine Coast

Calling anyone with own business on Sunshine Coast

Old Jun 8th 2006, 12:02 pm
Banned

trublutu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling anyone with own business on Sunshine Coast

I would like to chat with anyone who does business on the sunshine coast.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling anyone with own business on Sunshine Coast

if you take a look at the thread below, there are a whole bunch of business visa applicants, some of whom are now on the sunshine coast, have a glance through.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...1&goto=newpost

If you are wanting specific answers to questions it may help
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:14 pm
Banned

trublutu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by foxychic
if you take a look at the thread below, there are a whole bunch of business visa applicants, some of whom are now on the sunshine coast, have a glance through.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...1&goto=newpost

If you are wanting specific answers to questions it may help
thanks
Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trublutu
We will be once we get over there. I will be running a PC repair business and my wife wants to run a coffee shop.

What are you thinking of doing?
Old Jun 8th 2006, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trublutu
I hope your business is more successful than your time on Expats m8
Old Jun 9th 2006, 7:06 am
BuggerMan

The Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
We will be once we get over there. I will be running a PC repair business and my wife wants to run a coffee shop.

What are you thinking of doing?
Hi Kevin

Regarding your PC repair business can I ask you a few questions?

(The reason for asking these questions is that I am thinking of doing something similar when I move to Australia in the future)

What is your background? Are you doing something similar in England?

Will you only be fixing hardware or expand you business with other things like selling software,hardware etc?

Have you done some research regarding the need for this kind of business?

BR

Erik the Viking
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Norwegian
Hi Kevin

Regarding your PC repair business can I ask you a few questions?

(The reason for asking these questions is that I am thinking of doing something similar when I move to Australia in the future)

What is your background? Are you doing something similar in England?

Will you only be fixing hardware or expand you business with other things like selling software,hardware etc?

Have you done some research regarding the need for this kind of business?

BR

Erik the Viking
Hi Erik the Viking

I currently run a PC repair business in the UK and have done so for the last 4 years. I also sell hardware (Dell normally) as well as software. I am also an MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) which means I can setup and install servers, networks etc using Server 2003, Small Business Server and all the other stuff like SQL and Exchange Server.

I haven't done any research, I am confident that there are plenty of PC's that go wrong wherever you go. The Sunshine Coast seems to be growing fast so there are plenty of potential customers. I'm not worried about competition as I know my service level is unbeatable and the pricing will be competitive.

Do you currently run a business?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:23 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Setting up a similar business myself - though with the emphasis on the software side - borked virus infested PCs, nasty spyware infestations, slow-running systems etc. I will offer upgrades and installations as well as buying advice too, but I don't plan on doing *any* network related stuff - lol
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:55 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Erik the Viking

I currently run a PC repair business in the UK and have done so for the last 4 years. I also sell hardware (Dell normally) as well as software. I am also an MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) which means I can setup and install servers, networks etc using Server 2003, Small Business Server and all the other stuff like SQL and Exchange Server.

I haven't done any research, I am confident that there are plenty of PC's that go wrong wherever you go. The Sunshine Coast seems to be growing fast so there are plenty of potential customers. I'm not worried about competition as I know my service level is unbeatable and the pricing will be competitive.

Hi Kevin,

I too am a MCSE and am thinking of doing something along the same lines on the Sunshine Coast; we're just down the road from you in Woodbridge. We fly 28th of this month. Five weeks housesitting for my wifes cousin in Sydney and then travelling up the coast...
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:12 am
BuggerMan

The Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Erik the Viking

Thank you Kevin

No, I don't run a business, but have been thinking about it for a while now. I'm stuck in a boring job as a project engineer. My job consists mostly of preparing documents which are sent to our customers.

I consider myself quite competent when it comes to PC's although I have no formal qualifications except being an electronic/electrical engineer

I think you are right in there being lots of PC's that go wrong so should be a market out there. Not so sure how many Aussies have PC's at home, but maybe you are looking at servicing businesses?
If you provide great service and do as you promise you should be fine.

I haven't really decided what kind of computer business I would set up, but something like selling hardware, games etc. Maybe offer businesses to train their employees advanced use of Microsoft Office and develop utilities for Office.

Best Regards

Erik the Viking