Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all Welsh Members

Calling all Welsh Members

Old Apr 19th 2004, 11:58 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold
Default Calling all Welsh Members

We are applying to go out to Oz (hoping to go to Adelaide) and currently live in South Wales, UK. I was wondering if there are any other Welsh members out there who are applying, as it would be great if we could arrange a meet up somewhere.

Sasha
Old Apr 19th 2004, 9:17 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

There are no Welsh members at all except for me??????? Come on where are you? I always thought we were great for wanting to talk?

Sasha
Old Apr 19th 2004, 9:39 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Have you had a look on the Adelaidebrits forum, you might find better luck on that, but beware you just might fall asleep reading some of the posts

jib
Old Apr 19th 2004, 10:26 pm
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you put your foot in it often?

Snappy is a moderator there.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 10:30 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Originally posted by cadabra
Do you put your foot in it often?

Snappy is a moderator there.
I know, hence the smilies, It really is a good site for anyone going to Adelaide

jib
Old Apr 19th 2004, 10:45 pm
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

The smilies had not loaded when i read your post

There was a welsh guy here called WBB Snappy, but he seems to have disappeared
Old Apr 19th 2004, 10:47 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cadabra
The smilies had not loaded when i read your post

There was a welsh guy here called WBB Snappy, but he seems to have disappeared
He is validating his visa in Brisbane. There is also Ceri up there.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:05 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by bondipom
There is also Ceri up there.

I thought the thread's title said "calling all welsh miners" ( a bit of a heavy night last night.. so my eyes aren't focusing too well)... I thought stuff that! I've had enough of miners !(referring to genealogy)

cheers

P.S

I have had b*gger all to with Adelaide, never been there, and don't want to go there either.. so I can't really help you, but if you can't find any welsh "members" who are in Adelaide.. maybe some nice English person, or Scottish, or Irish person will take you in , and help you ...one who hasn't got a hang over would be ideal

cheers
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:37 am
I need a beer.....

Ceri - I didn't mean I just want Welsh members that plan to go to Adelaide as it would be nice to be able to catch up with anyone going down the immigration road. So any Welsh members would be nice, I was just starting to feel like I was the only from Wales leaving!

And Jib - you're a cheeky sod but I like your style!

Thanks

Sasha
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:45 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by snappy
Ceri - I didn't mean I just want Welsh members that plan to go to Adelaide as it would be nice to be able to catch up with anyone going down the immigration road. So any Welsh members would be nice, I was just starting to feel like I was the only from Wales leaving!

And Jib - you're a cheeky sod but I like your style!

Thanks

Sasha

I'm not leaving ( well not this exact moment in time) ... . I wish I were !( I'm in Aus, in Brisbane)

Anyway good luck
Cheers
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:53 am
I need a beer.....

Thanks Ceri

Are you missing Wales then? Have to say the valleys are looking mighty green at the moment with the Spring.

Sasha
Old Apr 20th 2004, 7:02 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by snappy
Thanks Ceri

Are you missing Wales then? Have to say the valleys are looking mighty green at the moment with the Spring.

Sasha
I was back there for around a month , during mid feb to mid march just gone (Gower) . I was there for that snow.. I had not seen snow for years! Didn't last long though.

thoroughlyenjoyed myself ( bar it was a sad occasion.. I went back for a death in the family, so in a way it was bad , but in other way.. I enjoyed myself)... but I forgotten how beautiful it was.. and mountains, I miss mountains.. and pubs with real log fires , with old wood beams.. I was in my "oils"..

right I'm off I feel bl**dy homesick again now thank you
Old Apr 20th 2004, 7:44 am
I need a beer.....

I will miss Wales dreadfully as after all it is a special place as after all they charge you to enter it!

Just so you don't get totally homesick it is pouring down today I live in Bridgend between Swansea and Cardiff love the Gower though hubbie goes paragliding down that way.

Sasha
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Do I count? I'm half Welsh (the half I'm proud of ) - dad was born in a hamlet up near Llandrindodd. My nephew (aged 10) is very proud of his Welsh heritage and says he wants the English it of his blood removed!!!

WBB will be on this thread like a - errr - dog worrying a sheep ( - once he emerges from his validation trip!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 11:16 am
I need a beer.....

Pollyana

Of course you count especially as it's the half you are proud of!

Where is WBB then? I can't believe that there is only a few of us from Wales that are on this site though - quite shocked!:scared:

Sasha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.