Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all Pre-July 139ers

Calling all Pre-July 139ers

Old Oct 4th 2004, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Calling all Pre-July 139ers

I am getting fed up with the un-fair manor that the pre July applicants are getting, so I want to arrange for my assure to approach Centrelink to find out why after received our AOS papers on the 13-8-2004 we still have not had any correspondence to even arrange a date for interviews or to lodge a bond.

This is where all you folks out there come in. I would be very grateful if you have been in a similar position and have hade contact with Centrelink your self through your assure for any reason, could you give me some advice such as - a) how did you go about it & b) what information did your assuror take to sort things out.

I do have an agent but they can only approach them if they contact DIMIA first so it’s about time that someone got their finger out and got something sorted.

Time line

23-3-2004 Lodged (front loaded)
14-5-2004 Acknowledgment
Assessment made on 02-8-2004 (all ok)
13-8-2004 AOS paper work sent to Centrelink
Look forward to your views & advice

Signman Glen

Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

pokhrea will become famous soon enoughpokhrea will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Calling all Pre-July 139ers

Originally Posted by Signman Glen

I am getting fed up with the un-fair manor that the pre July applicants are getting, so I want to arrange for my assure to approach Centrelink to find out why after received our AOS papers on the 13-8-2004 we still have not had any correspondence to even arrange a date for interviews or to lodge a bond.

This is where all you folks out there come in. I would be very grateful if you have been in a similar position and have hade contact with Centrelink your self through your assure for any reason, could you give me some advice such as - a) how did you go about it & b) what information did your assuror take to sort things out.

I do have an agent but they can only approach them if they contact DIMIA first so it’s about time that someone got their finger out and got something sorted.

Time line

23-3-2004 Lodged (front loaded)
14-5-2004 Acknowledgment
Assessment made on 02-8-2004 (all ok)
13-8-2004 AOS paper work sent to Centrelink
Look forward to your views & advice

Signman Glen

sorry but mine was very simple my assurer did all for me and it was about last week of june then we got the approval on July 14. Hope that it helps but i dont remember there were any problems in the process as they did it in a day.
I would encourage to write to your case officer thats what i did and he was prompt and replied to emails ,DONT RELY ON AGENTS Y ADVICE DO IT YOURSELF
Old Oct 4th 2004, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling all Pre-July 139ers

Originally Posted by pokhrea
sorry but mine was very simple my assurer did all for me and it was about last week of june then we got the approval on July 14. Hope that it helps but i dont remember there were any problems in the process as they did it in a day.
I would encourage to write to your case officer thats what i did and he was prompt and replied to emails ,DONT RELY ON AGENTS Y ADVICE DO IT YOURSELF
Hi POKHREA

Thanks for your support, it looks like we will have to take the bull by the horns (Centrelink) and get our assuror to go into his local office with our details, and try and get the ball rolling.
It seems that most people who take the initiative :scared: , get results soon after, so wish me luck and lets see what happens.

WATCH THIS SPACE

Many Thanks

Signman Glen

Our Time Line: http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=1588