Reload this Page >

Calling All Past and Future Round Tablers who are in SE QLD

Calling All Past and Future Round Tablers who are in SE QLD

Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:51 am
Just Joined

garyanatex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling All Past and Future Round Tablers who are in SE QLD

Hi All,

Calling all ex - Round Tablers or Men who may like to become Round Tablers.

I was a member of Rochester RT #56 with a 70 year history in the UK. Round Table exists in NZ, but not here in AU.

I would like to get one up an running here anyone interested in joining me?

I am on the Gold Coast, SE QLD and would like to here from anyone with an interest.

Gary Crouch 0408883932
Old Apr 21st 2004, 7:42 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling All Past and Future Round Tablers who are in SE QLD

I'll pop up to Tintagel tomorrow to see if Arthur is interested. Story has it that he was once quite keen
Old Apr 21st 2004, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road

Gary

Whilst Round Table has a very small presence in Australia, you might want to talk to your local Apex Club. They are a WOCO affiliated club very simlar to Round Table (albeit some of the clubs are mixed).

I was a tabler in the UK, but travelling from Sydney to Queensland would be a little excessive.

If you are committed to starting a Table over here, I know there is support available from the National Executive. You might want to get in contact with Marchasi House

Kev
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks Kev,

Been to 2 Apex meetings and its nothing like RT or at least RT56 Rochester. I'm not sure Apex is for me, that should read I'm not sure I am right for Apex. So there is a question that RT may not be the same even if I start one up here.

There are RT's in NZ and I have made contact with them.

We will see, at the moment its palimary searching to see how many people would be interested.

I'm not sure how we will fair with single sex issue here in Oz because of their sex dicrimination law.

Again this in the Idea stage.

Gary.

Originally posted by kevmitch
Gary

Whilst Round Table has a very small presence in Australia, you might want to talk to your local Apex Club. They are a WOCO affiliated club very simlar to Round Table (albeit some of the clubs are mixed).

I was a tabler in the UK, but travelling from Sydney to Queensland would be a little excessive.

If you are committed to starting a Table over here, I know there is support available from the National Executive. You might want to get in contact with Marchasi House

Kev
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Haven't made it to an Apex meeting as yet. However I saw an article in the local paper that membership is dwindling (sounds familiar) and that they have an Xmas sleigh (make a change going round in the light in the middle of summer - beats cold and wet days in Solihull) - so it sounds similar. What differences did you find?

I don't think the male/female thing is an issue. I know a number of the Apex clubs are single sex.

How long have you been a tabler? I did 7 years, but I would have been kicked out last month under the age rule, had we not 'deserted' for Aus.

Kev
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 12:56 am
Just Joined

I was only in table for a year before comming out to Oz timing was bad from that point of veiw.

One of my fellow Rochester Tablers is moving out here later this year hes comming to brisbane, so he may want to get one runnig too.

As far as Apex: (This is my personal opinion only)

- it was to informall
- dress code was not maintained
- meeting was not chaired
- about raising money rather than doing good
- seemed to have a wishy washy policy on why and who they were collecting for and where and how the funds would be spent
- was not shure about it being mixed? (I didn't like scouts going mixed either)

The big thing though was:-

It didn't feal like they were a group of mates? Know what I meen?

GC

Originally posted by kevmitch
Haven't made it to an Apex meeting as yet. However I saw an article in the local paper that membership is dwindling (sounds familiar) and that they have an Xmas sleigh (make a change going round in the light in the middle of summer - beats cold and wet days in Solihull) - so it sounds similar. What differences did you find?

I don't think the male/female thing is an issue. I know a number of the Apex clubs are single sex.

How long have you been a tabler? I did 7 years, but I would have been kicked out last month under the age rule, had we not 'deserted' for Aus.

Kev
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Useful feedback particularly th lack of 'fellowship'

I'll let you know how it goes at this end when we make contact (my wife was in circle and is keen to get involved in something similar over here)

I'll have a chat with the guys at Marchasi House (I used to work next door!). Also one of the Tablers in Shirley is currently on the National Exec, and standing for Vice Chair. There may be a way to 'tracking down' ex tablers who've moved to Aus, or indeed of getting hold of contact details of any active tablers already up and running.

Kev