Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all Nurses

Calling all Nurses

Old Jun 18th 2003, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

ested is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling all Nurses

We have just heard from NSW who have sponsored us that if we stay with them we will get a $1000 bonus after 3 mths!!

There is also talk here of further "larger"retention bonuses to be decided on soon as there is a recruitment retention problem in NSW.

How great is that? It goes a short way to pay of the ever ngrowing overdraft and credit card bill anyway!

Old Jun 19th 2003, 8:03 am
Just Joined

judi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

Thats good to know. Im hoping to go to Brisbane to work as a mental health nurse. I wonder if Queensland does the same? It seems to me like there isnt many insentives to come to do nursing and the pay isnt realy that good, Why do we do it?

Can I ask if you have had your interview yet? and if so what was it like did you have to read up on australian policy etc or was it just about l nursing topics in general?
Old Jun 19th 2003, 6:18 pm
port kennedy dec 2003

carolerussell is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done. I have got a job in perth and the hospital is also paing me $1000 when I start plus $1000 at the end of my contract. They are also refunding my $160 for the buisiness visa. They will then sponsor me for permanent residency ater 12 months.
I am a Theatre nurse.
Flying out 11 th october.

Carole.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

ested is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by carolerussell
Well done. I have got a job in perth and the hospital is also paing me $1000 when I start plus $1000 at the end of my contract. They are also refunding my $160 for the buisiness visa. They will then sponsor me for permanent residency ater 12 months.
I am a Theatre nurse.
Flying out 11 th october.

Carole.
Well you did better than us!
I thought they might offer to cover some costs but they didn't.
Still with both of us nurses we should get $2000 in 3 mths which will be nice. I said to Simon we should ask them to sponsor us for PR then and see what they say.
Good Luck with the move Carole
Esther
Old Jun 20th 2003, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

janweb is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody know if any NZ hospitals are offering any relocation payments or incentives?