Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all Irish on the Sunshine Coast!!

Calling all Irish on the Sunshine Coast!!

Old Jan 16th 2009, 5:42 am
Dublin to Sunshine Coast

goat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant future
Smile Calling all Irish on the Sunshine Coast!!

Hi ,

A group of us all met up at Coolum beach last year around St.Patricks weekend for a BBQ . We had a great day , and as everyone there had contacted a few other Irish people they knew, we ended up with a nice crowd, and met new friends.

We are looking to make it a bigger gathering every year , this one will be a lunchtime gathering, BBQ, a few games (an poc fada) etc, music, craic & a few beers. Time & Place to be decided.

So, if you are up for celebrating St.Patrick's day in the sun this year with some fellow Irish, PM me with your email / mobile & we will send out the details nearer the time.

All are welcome, we hope to see you & your families there!!

Slán,

Goat eyes....
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:42 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Calling all Irish on the Sunshine Coast!!

sounds good giving you bump up.

Slán leat
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:42 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

sounds good giving you bump up.

Slán leat
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

We're from the North but over here we're all classed as Irish

Will speak to my OH and hopefully be able to make it.

Can you bump this up closer to the time?

Lynn xx
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:36 am
Dublin to Sunshine Coast

goat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Calling all Irish on the Sunshine Coast!!

Originally Posted by the4ofus

Lynn xx

Hi Lads,

Will do, We have friends here from Tyrone & my father was an Armagh man. Where are you guys from?

I will of course email you nearer the time. If you know any other Irish on the coast, let them know also!!

Slán....
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Slán....[/QUOTE]

What does this mean????

We are from bangor, Co Down but more recently lived in Newtownards

Lynn xx
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:09 am
Dublin to Sunshine Coast

Slán....
What does this mean????

We are from bangor, Co Down but more recently lived in Newtownards

Lynn xx[/QUOTE]

Slán = Good bye !!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:32 am
Dublin to Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by goat eyes
Hi ,

A group of us all met up at Coolum beach last year around St.Patricks weekend for a BBQ . We had a great day , and as everyone there had contacted a few other Irish people they knew, we ended up with a nice crowd, and met new friends.

We are looking to make it a bigger gathering every year , this one will be a lunchtime gathering, BBQ, a few games (an poc fada) etc, music, craic & a few beers. Time & Place to be decided.

So, if you are up for celebrating St.Patrick's day in the sun this year with some fellow Irish, PM me with your email / mobile & we will send out the details nearer the time.

All are welcome, we hope to see you & your families there!!

Slán,

Goat eyes....
Hi All,

Paddys day celebrations are at the Coolum Bay Hotel (beer garden) , 2pm ish on Sunday 15th March.

Kids facepainter, few beers, Irish menu, Plenty of sunburnt Paddys & a bit of music (ps. If you play an instrument, bring it along - hopefully manage a session between us, if you are shy, leave it in the car , just in case you change your mind !!!)

Tell all other Irish (or anyone who wants to help us celebrate!) to come along, the more the merrier.

PM me for any other details, I have a flyer that I can email you. (I cant seem to find an 'attach' thingy here?)

Slán !
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:06 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn xx
Forgive me for asking but what are you classed as in the north
Old Feb 24th 2009, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Forgive me for asking but what are you classed as in the north
either Northern Irish or British.

Lynn xx
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

covphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant future

Lynn xx

Or Irish
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:16 pm
From Wexford to Sydney

Sheilaxxx is on a distinguished road

i think i'm gonna have to head up there for the craic agus ceol....
sounds like a great day out to me.

have just posted a thread to meet people in our area and i've had no replies
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:14 pm
Dublin to Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Sheilaxxx
i think i'm gonna have to head up there for the craic agus ceol....
sounds like a great day out to me.

have just posted a thread to meet people in our area and i've had no replies
Hi !

I doubt you will have any problem finding friends in Sydney ! There will be a good few celebrations on there for Paddy's day too I think !

ps. At least you are missing the snow (& Doom & Gloom) at home !
Old Mar 13th 2009, 12:16 pm
Dublin to Sunshine Coast

Hi All,

Paddys day celebrations are at the Coolum Bay Hotel (beer garden) , 2pm ish on Sunday 15th March.

Kids facepainter, few beers, Irish menu, Plenty of sunburnt Paddys & a bit of music (ps. If you play an instrument, bring it along - hopefully manage a session between us, if you are shy, leave it in the car , just in case you change your mind !!!)

Tell all other Irish (or anyone who wants to help us celebrate!) to come along, the more the merrier.

PM me for any other details, I have a flyer that I can email you. (I cant seem to find an 'attach' thingy here?)

Slán !
Old Mar 13th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynn xx
yeh does that mean your only a wee bit welcome if your from n,ireland what is the 4 of us on about