Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all Gold Coasties

Calling all Gold Coasties

Old Jul 7th 2006, 8:52 pm
is it me or dave

The Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really nice
Default Calling all Gold Coasties

Hey guys we're on our way out to join ya at the end of September and could do with a bit of advice on which area to go for, at the mo we are looking at the following: Broadbeach, Broadbeach waters, Mermaid waters, Carrara, Benowa, Bundall, Sorrento & Clear Island waters so any info would be much appreciated we are in our mid thirties with no kids so we need somewhere with a bit of action but not upto Surfers standards!

Also if anyone has any info/details on the postie front that would also be a great help.

Cheers

Andy
Old Jul 8th 2006, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Calling all Gold Coasties

Originally Posted by The Chief
Hey guys we're on our way out to join ya at the end of September and could do with a bit of advice on which area to go for, at the mo we are looking at the following: Broadbeach, Broadbeach waters, Mermaid waters, Carrara, Benowa, Bundall, Sorrento & Clear Island waters so any info would be much appreciated we are in our mid thirties with no kids so we need somewhere with a bit of action but not upto Surfers standards!

Also if anyone has any info/details on the postie front that would also be a great help.

Cheers

Andy
Hi Andy,

We are currently in Runaway Bay but in November will be moving to Broadbeach Waters/Mermaid Waters. These areas have a lot of families living there and can be pretty quiet, but if you pick the right part you can be within walking distance of Broadbeach which will give you your bit of action as well. Only downside - expensive as most plots on the canals or convenient for beach, shopping etc. Broadbeach seems to be mainly units/townhouses.

Not sure about the other areas but as they are mostly a bit further inland, you would probably be a drive away from any action. There is a really good book on the market called Where to Live Gold Coast, the author is Chantal Dunbar and it is full of useful information on the whole Coast.

Good luck,
Debbie
Old Jul 8th 2006, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Andy
hi Andy the areas you are looking at are very different from beach living to acreage living, there all really nice but my only advice is try and be flexible and try not to think to much about areas because if your anything like us we looked and looked and planned and planned and now that were here there are just so many and you really change your mind, very often!

the only other thing i would say is rent for 6months and then have a great time looking round, because they really are very different, some have all the amenities at your doorstep others you will have to live on tank water ext but still very beautiful.

sorry not much help but good luck

hugs geex
Old Jul 8th 2006, 5:28 am
is it me or dave

The Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really niceThe Chief is just really nice

Thanx for replies, as I thought we need to come over and take a look around, our plans are to rent for initial 6 months anyway. We have stayed in Broadbeach before but thought that by moving slightly inland we would get a bit more for our money, can't wait to get over there only about 70 sleeps!

Cheers

Andy
Old Jul 8th 2006, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Courtney will become famous soon enough

Hi Andy

I am moving to Broadbeach on Monday, it's beautiful there. Thing is I am single and have bought a unit on the beach side of the highway. If you have a family then I would suggest Broadbeach Waters or Clear Island Waters. It's only a couple of K's from the beach but is also family orientated.

I definately agree with renting for six months and have a good look around at all the areas as they all offer something different.

Good Luck

Courtney

Cheers

Andy
Old Jul 8th 2006, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

Please send me a P.M with any specific questions and I will be glad to help you out with any questions you may have.

Good luck with the move

Tony