Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling All Firemen...

Calling All Firemen...

Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:17 pm
Banned

heppy will become famous soon enoughheppy will become famous soon enough
Default Calling All Firemen...

My husband is in the process of applying for the fire service in perth and filling in the application form. Any firemen out there got any top tips ? cheers
Old Apr 26th 2006, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice
Default Re: Calling All Firemen...

Originally Posted by heppy
My husband is in the process of applying for the fire service in perth and filling in the application form. Any firemen out there got any top tips ? cheers
Hi just sent mine off,is your hubby a firefighter in the UK ?or are you in oz?
I know a firefighter that got in the service over there and you have to keep on at them.If you haven,t got a visa then they don,t want to know.
Let me know how you get on
good luck Task
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:57 am
Banned

heppy will become famous soon enoughheppy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by task
Hi just sent mine off,is your hubby a firefighter in the UK ?or are you in oz?
I know a firefighter that got in the service over there and you have to keep on at them.If you haven,t got a visa then they don,t want to know.
Let me know how you get on
good luck Task
we are in perth arrived in october, we have a visa, hes always wanted to apply when we were in the uk so he thought he'd give it a go. Fingers crossed i've heard the competition is strong.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard that it is one of those jobs where the competition is tough to get in here, and that the list is long.
I think there was a post not long ago about getting into the Fireservice here.
Pollyanna also posted about it as she had worked with them.

Good Luck anyway.
Whisky
Old Apr 26th 2006, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice

we are in perth arrived in october, we have a visa, hes always wanted to apply when we were in the uk so he thought he'd give it a go. Fingers crossed i've heard the competition is strong.
Hi i,m still in the UK but will be in perth when the tests are being carried out,so if my application gets through i will be available to sit them.
Don,t know much about the written tests but the physical looks a doddle.
Is your hubby going to the information sessions at the end of April?
If there,s any good info i will be pleased to hear.I know its not going to be easy, its a much sought after job in the UK.
good luck task
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Heppy did you go to any of the information sessions on the 29th or 30th.
If so what was it all about, if you dont mind me asking?
Did you pick up any good information that you could pass on.
Is there alot of interest and what do you think your chances are.
good luck Task