Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all Domestic Godesses

Calling all Domestic Godesses

Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:18 am
rudo1ph

Question Calling all Domestic Godesses

I'm thinking about getting a steam mop or steam cleaner, but I don't know if they are any good!

I've got tiled floors and wood floors and a new puppy!!!!!! I figure it might be easier and cleaner to use a steam mop/cleaner of some sort to make sure the floors are properly clean.

The steam cleaners come with all sorts of other attachments as well.....but do they do the floors as well as the steam mops?

Anyone know if they are worth the money?

thanks

Rudi

(PS Domestic Gods may reply too )

Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Calling all Domestic Godesses

Originally Posted by rudo1ph
I'm thinking about getting a steam mop or steam cleaner, but I don't know if they are any good!

I've got tiled floors and wood floors and a new puppy!!!!!! I figure it might be easier and cleaner to use a steam mop/cleaner of some sort to make sure the floors are properly clean.

The steam cleaners come with all sorts of other attachments as well.....but do they do the floors as well as the steam mops?

Anyone know if they are worth the money?

thanks

Rudi

I would be interested in the answer to this one as well as i was thinking about getting one.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:18 am
ABCDiamond

I suppose I may as well reply to this then.....

I bought one a few weeks ago, I thought it would be easy to do various things with it and surprise the wife

I got the Piranha one, with floor mop attachments etc. $158.
I got it mainly to clean the BBQ, but so far I have used it on the floor and the carpet where things got spilled. I did try it on the Shower screen, but was notg impressed.
It's not bad, but not sure it is worth $158. If you live near me you could come round and try it out, I am sure I can find some areas that need cleaning

Next thing on my list of gadgets to get is a High Pressure water thingy

Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:26 am
rudo1ph

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
If you live near me you could come round and try it out, I am sure I can find some areas that need cleaning

AWWWW - well you know - I would - but I live near Sydney

I've got a high pressure water jet cleaner.........shame I can't use it 'cos of the water restrictions around here!!!

Rudi

Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:27 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Aha, now it's your turn to come clean (pardon the pun).
I can state that I know nothing about steam cleaners either.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:34 am
rudo1ph

I bought one a few weeks ago, I thought it would be easy to do various things with it and surprise the wife

I got the Piranha one, with floor mop attachments etc. $158.
I got it mainly to clean the BBQ, but so far I have used it on the floor and the carpet where things got spilled. I did try it on the Shower screen, but was notg impressed.
It's not bad, but not sure it is worth $158. If you live near me you could come round and try it out, I am sure I can find some areas that need cleaning

So was it this one......
Attached Thumbnails Calling all Domestic Godesses-megasteamer2.jpg  

Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:34 am
rudo1ph

or this one
Attached Thumbnails Calling all Domestic Godesses-hand%2520steamer.jpg  

Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

we have the yellow one...very handy indeed!!!...we have ceramic tiles through the entire house ... a cat and a dog with dirty paws ...really does the job... also does the bbq and the windows (when i can be arsed to do it!!)
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:43 am
ABCDiamond

So was it this one......
The first one, the megasteamer. It comes with a lance and various other attachments.

Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

We bought the little handheld jobby, mainly for the kitchen as we don't have large tiled areas in our rental. I've only just really used it today, am pretty pleased with it as I've wanted to cut down on household chemicals for a while. I would buy the larger one if we had more tiled floors, but there is another model which is like a broom; it looks a bit more portable, plus I've got the little one now for the other jobbies.
Ahh what fun
PS Got it a bit cheaper from Retravision, when we bought the fridge. Can't remember the cost, but it was under $50.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Larissa
We bought the little handheld jobby, mainly for the kitchen as we don't have large tiled areas in our rental. I've only just really used it today, am pretty pleased with it as I've wanted to cut down on household chemicals for a while. I would buy the larger one if we had more tiled floors, but there is another model which is like a broom; it looks a bit more portable, plus I've got the little one now for the other jobbies.
Ahh what fun
PS Got it a bit cheaper from Retravision, when we bought the fridge. Can't remember the cost, but it was under $50.
Hiya Larissa
Hope you are well.

I am thinking of getting one as well, I was looking at the broom one though but maybe I will change my mind now and get one like ABC has.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough

or this one
I've one of those. Use it about once a week for the car ( I have 4 kids so things get really grubby). Use it often about the house too.

On the wooden floors though, I use one of those a mop thingy (Flash super mop I think its called). Anyway you attached the bottle of cleaning solution, squirt and clean. Easy Peasy.

Jan
Old Nov 9th 2004, 9:21 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by debsy
Hiya Larissa
Hope you are well.

I am thinking of getting one as well, I was looking at the broom one though but maybe I will change my mind now and get one like ABC has.
It may be worth looking in KMart
http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/NA...1_no=6840&ct=9

Not sure how much different it is to the one I have, but if i was buying again, I would check that out for $89 !!

Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

It may be worth looking in KMart
http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/NA...1_no=6840&ct=9

Not sure how much different it is to the one I have, but if i was buying again, I would check that out for $89 !!
FWIW here's my review
I have used a steam cleaner "Polti" for about 4 yrs now and very pleased with it. It looks a bit like the large Piranha.
I have a dog so I use it to clean the muddy kitchen! Have also used it all over the house and car. The best things about them is
1. is the dirt goes onto the cloth you wrap over the hose (unlike a mop and bucket job where you are basically putting the dirt into the water and back onto the floor!)
2. you don't use chemicals, only water.-
3. kills dust mites etc. so good for asthmatics or people with allergies.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 9:15 pm
rudo1ph

Sounds like they get the thumbs up then!! Thanks for your opinions......

Rudi