British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   CALLING ALL BRICKLARERS CARPENTERS PLUMBERS ECT ALREADY IN OZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/calling-all-bricklarers-carpenters-plumbers-ect-already-oz-495515/)

Rachel n Stan Nov 21st 2007 9:45 pm

CALLING ALL BRICKLARERS CARPENTERS PLUMBERS ECT ALREADY IN OZ

HI ALL HAVE BEEN READING A STORY ABOUT A PLUMBER WHO IS GETTING S**T MONEY AND IS NOW MOVING BACK TO THE UK:(. SO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD IF ANY OF YOU TRADESMAN OUT THERE(BRICKLAYER CHIPPY PLUMBER PLASTERER ECT)WOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH TO SHARE YOUR AVERAGE HOURLY RATE AND AREA YOU ARE WORKING IN. SO PEOPLE CAN GET A TRUE FEEL FOR WHAT IT IS REALLY LIKE AND IF THEY CAN REALLY AFFORD TO BE THERE.
THANKS RACHEL

Sir Harry Hotspur Nov 21st 2007 9:58 pm

Re: CALLING ALL BRICKLARERS CARPENTERS PLUMBERS ECT ALREADY IN OZ

Include Tilers in that as well

Ta :thumbup:

Timber Floor Au Nov 21st 2007 10:14 pm

This question has been asked a million times..

Do a search on the forum, for WAGES or TRADIES im sure with some research you will find definitive answers..

I take it, you are migrating with 3 tradesmen? a bricky plumber and a chippy?

Working for a company, expect wages circa 1000-1500 per week.. dependant on area, level of work, skill, and good/bad boss.

Self employed, circa 1000-1500 per week pmsl + what you dont show the taxman :)

Geelong Gent Nov 21st 2007 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5585425)
Self employed, circa 1000-1500 per week pmsl + what you dont show the taxman :)

or the wife;)

>Trigger< Nov 21st 2007 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Rachel n Stan (Post 5585228)
HI ALL HAVE BEEN READING A STORY ABOUT A PLUMBER WHO IS GETTING S**T MONEY AND IS NOW MOVING BACK TO THE UK:(. SO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD IF ANY OF YOU TRADESMAN OUT THERE(BRICKLAYER CHIPPY PLUMBER PLASTERER ECT)WOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH TO SHARE YOUR AVERAGE HOURLY RATE AND AREA YOU ARE WORKING IN. SO PEOPLE CAN GET A TRUE FEEL FOR WHAT IT IS REALLY LIKE AND IF THEY CAN REALLY AFFORD TO BE THERE.
THANKS RACHEL

your mate..the plumber..he's lying I aint never seen a poor tradie in Aus.

if you put the hours in..you'll get the rewards

Pollyana Nov 22nd 2007 12:55 am

Originally Posted by >Trigger< (Post 5585688)
your mate..the plumber..he's lying I aint never seen a poor tradie in Aus.

Polly pulls up chair and offers round the popcorn.........;)

Pollyana Nov 22nd 2007 12:57 am

THANKS RACHEL

Originally Posted by Sir Harry Hotspur (Post 5585317)
Include Tilers in that as well

Ta :thumbup:

Use the search facility and look for each of the trades - this will produce a wealth of information on the wages in each one as this questino comes up at least every two weeks. There is also a Jobs/Wages thread pinned to the top of the forum. :)

Timber Floor Au Nov 22nd 2007 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 5586189)
Use the search facility and look for each of the trades - this will produce a wealth of information on the wages in each one as this questino comes up at least every two weeks. There is also a Jobs/Wages thread pinned to the top of the forum. :)

also used to be able to search www.wages.com.au but i think theyve gorn !! :(

Dorothy Nov 22nd 2007 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 5586189)

And for God's sake TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK. It's considered shouting and the funky colours are hard on they eyes.

SarahJane2007 Nov 22nd 2007 4:30 am

THANKS RACHEL

At the end of the day if you are a good 'tradie' and are prepared to work hard and knuckle down to get your licences then you will reap the rewards....if you come over here with the attitude that you will command the same wages as in the Uk and are not willing to learn the Aussie way then you will not get on. Simple.

Wendy Nov 22nd 2007 4:34 am

Hubby - Electrician $30.50 per hour in Adelaide ($60k per annum) working on PLC's (6:30am to 3pm). Lots of O/T if he wants it at time and half for three hours then double after that.

He could get more working on domestics, but we don't want the long hours that come with it. :)

SBOZ Nov 22nd 2007 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Shortlets (Post 5586550)
At the end of the day if you are a good 'tradie' and are prepared to work hard and knuckle down to get your licences then you will reap the rewards....if you come over here with the attitude that you will command the same wages as in the Uk and are not willing to learn the Aussie way then you will not get on. Simple.

Beg to differ....my h/r has gone up since being here, and I'm not doing things the Aussie way!!... and thats why I'm so busy.

Timber Floor Au Nov 22nd 2007 8:15 am

Originally Posted by SBOZ (Post 5586559)
Beg to differ....my h/r has gone up since being here, and I'm not doing things the Aussie way!!... and thats why I'm so busy.

in reality you are possibly the exception to the rule.

However any NICHE cottage business, if it finds its niche will do well, until other tradies, discover it...

Driver_Once_More Nov 22nd 2007 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 5586183)
Polly pulls up chair and offers round the popcorn.........;)

Driver_Once_More pulls up another chair and takes offered popcorn:)

SBOZ Nov 22nd 2007 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5587168)
in reality you are possibly the exception to the rule.

However any NICHE cottage business, if it finds its niche will do well, until other tradies, discover it...

Are you on drugs or something?? :sneaky:
Bottom line ...people want work done properly,and expect it to last..be it by 'a cottage business' or a surf dude who wears shades while fixing plasterboard and wears flip flops during work hours!! ..I know who'd I choose.
Keep me informed of your property build,I'd like to see how it progresses ;) 'dude'