Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

calling all auz students

calling all auz students

Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:58 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lauralollipop
HELLO

Thanks to all who replied to my post.

I have decided to wait till I am qualified here, unless i win the lotto....it will probley take that long to get my PR visa anyways!! lol!!

laura
xxx
Laura
That seems the most sensible thing to do. It will also give you more feedom to move where you want to and to move on if it is not right for you.
The time will soon go.Your application will not take long once you are qualified as a nurse with enough experience.
Good luck

G
Old Apr 26th 2004, 4:11 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grayling
Laura
That seems the most sensible thing to do. It will also give you more feedom to move where you want to and to move on if it is not right for you.
The time will soon go.Your application will not take long once you are qualified as a nurse with enough experience.
Good luck

G

Thanks...

Luckily, I am able to apply in jan using my partners skills, so we r just gonna do that, by the time PR visa comes through, I should be just about qualified as nurse, if not i'll have to do a validation trip.
I will be qualified in summer 06, so I think it should fit in nicely. We also plan to marry before we go, so realisticly we need to be saving for that aswell.....££££££ lol

At first I thought that by studying over there it would get us there quicker, but after finding out the costs involved etc... you are right, its best to just bide my time and wait it out......

thanks

love

laura
xx
Old Apr 26th 2004, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Scoops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: calling all auz students

Originally posted by lauralollipop
hello

just wanted to know if anyone knew exactly how much it costs to study in Auz and if you are entitled to student allowences like loans, grants etc....???

I looked on a uni web site and it stated that the fees were $43.500 per year? Surely this cant be right as nobody would be able to afford to study in Auz and I had heard that it was cheaper then studying in England??

I would be very interested if anyone has any info at all about studying in Auz, either on a student visa or PR visa, as am considering finishing my course over there if possible, and I was wondering how you all manage.

cheers in advance for any replies.

laura
xxx

Prices. There are 3 bands at Universities which show how much a particular course will cost in total. The first band includes Medicine, Law, Egineering and these courses can cost anywhere between $28, 000 -35, 000. The second includes Accounting, Business, etc and may cost anywhere between $15, 000 - 20, 000. The third includes Art and Psychology which is around $13, 000.

Hope this helps

Scoops
Old Apr 26th 2004, 4:26 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Scoops
Prices. There are 3 bands at Universities which show how much a particular course will cost in total. The first band includes Medicine, Law, Egineering and these courses can cost anywhere between $28, 000 -35, 000. The second includes Accounting, Business, etc and may cost anywhere between $15, 000 - 20, 000. The third includes Art and Psychology which is around $13, 000.

Hope this helps

Scoops

hi scoops,

why is it that the one what you want is always the highest?? lol!

r u a student?

laura
Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Scoops is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally p osted by lauralollipop
hi scoops,

why is it that the one what you want is always the highest?? lol!

r u a student?

laura

No, my eldest son wants to study Physio and I found out these costs from someone in Melbourne.

I believe they are right, as the guy is a student and has just completed uni.

Scoops