Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

callin all you people in Perth

Wikiposts

callin all you people in Perth

Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: callin all you people in Perth

Hi Laura,
give me a shout when you arrive. i don't live very far from Beldon about a ten min drive. i'm free most days at the moment. I only arrived in Perth in Jan. Could somebody give me more information about meeting up in Hillaries for coffee. By the way i am a female.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:20 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Yesssss, it's all coming back to me now! Except the paddling pool.... Oh wait... was that us surfing in our pool on a boogie board?? lol! Wow, that was ages ago, hey?! I can't believe we've been here for nearly two years!(and Pascal has permanent residency now!)

Yes, get in touch whenever you're ready!
We've got Pascal's brother and his girlfriend arriving on the 23rd July for 3 weeks(haven't seen them in 2 years!), so will be busy then, though want to go for nights out with friends with them too!

Hey yes, it was all about surfing - hee hee good memory! Well I am back on line and here now, got a job in Mount Lawley, I start on Monday, give me a couple of weeks to get into it and maybe we can arrange a meet up one weekend when they have gone?

laura
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:24 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hi Laura,
give me a shout when you arrive. i don't live very far from Beldon about a ten min drive. i'm free most days at the moment. I only arrived in Perth in Jan. Could somebody give me more information about meeting up in Hillaries for coffee. By the way i am a female.

sent u a PM
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:27 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hey yes, it was all about surfing - hee hee good memory! Well I am back on line and here now, got a job in Mount Lawley, I start on Monday, give me a couple of weeks to get into it and maybe we can arrange a meet up one weekend when they have gone?

laura
A job already !!! Well done Laura, hope things go from strength to strength for you now.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:30 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

laura
Oh, congrats on the job! What is it?

Yep, we'll meet up then!
I'm in Bunbury at the moment(at my parents), and this week is very busy with all sorts of stuff,including cleaning the house before the arrival of the visitors!!! And then they arrive on Sunday!!

Good luck settling in, hope you're enjoying yourself
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Simone
Oh, congrats on the job! What is it?

Yep, we'll meet up then!
I'm in Bunbury at the moment(at my parents), and this week is very busy with all sorts of stuff,including cleaning the house before the arrival of the visitors!!! And then they arrive on Sunday!!

Good luck settling in, hope you're enjoying yourself

hello Simone and Bordy,
well the job is just what I was doing in Melly but I am not a supervisor, Which sucks, also the wage is a HELL of a lot lower here than In Mel, I have also gone for a job as a Training Officer within the same company, so I am gong to start and see what becomes of it, I am not planning on staying if I dont get moved to the Training Officer position as I refuse to work for buttons, Especially when the cost of living is so high here compared to Melbourne, everything apart from milk is more expensive and the house prices - I cannot believe people r actually still buying at these prices :scared: !!!!

I miss Melbourne, but the weather here sure makes up for it I just need to be rich to live here........

Laura
Old Jul 15th 2006, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hi Laura,

Hi Chef and Laura

For about the past year there has been a group of us meeting up every Thursday at Hillarys. Everyone is welcome to come along- even people here on their recce have been known to stop by and new people turn up regularly- some have only been off the plane a matter of hours! We meet at the Dome coffee shop about 12- usually at the outdoor seating opposite the Dome but recently we have turned into a bunch of wimps and have been sitting inside to avoid the chilly 20 degree cold It isn't the most child friendly of places - if we are inside they can't run around but the Dome supply colouring pencils and paper and I usually have books and stuff for my 2 year old so it isn't usually a problem. It's school holidays at the moment so although the meet is on it may be a bit quieter than usual this Thursday. After that though we'll all be back in force
See you there
Yvonne
Old Jul 16th 2006, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by YFitz
Hi Chef and Laura

For about the past year there has been a group of us meeting up every Thursday at Hillarys. Everyone is welcome to come along- even people here on their recce have been known to stop by and new people turn up regularly- some have only been off the plane a matter of hours! We meet at the Dome coffee shop about 12- usually at the outdoor seating opposite the Dome but recently we have turned into a bunch of wimps and have been sitting inside to avoid the chilly 20 degree cold It isn't the most child friendly of places - if we are inside they can't run around but the Dome supply colouring pencils and paper and I usually have books and stuff for my 2 year old so it isn't usually a problem. It's school holidays at the moment so although the meet is on it may be a bit quieter than usual this Thursday. After that though we'll all be back in force
See you there
Yvonne

Hi Yvonne

What about the people who have to work??? I would love to come and meet, its sound great, but I am at work through the day....is there any other meets on eves or weekends for those of us who work, not quite sure how can anyone afford not to work living here in Perth is way expensive LOL :scared:

laura
x
Old Jul 16th 2006, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Hi Yvonne

What about the people who have to work??? I would love to come and meet, its sound great, but I am at work through the day....is there any other meets on eves or weekends for those of us who work, not quite sure how can anyone afford not to work living here in Perth is way expensive LOL :scared:

laura
x
Hi Laura- I know, it can be difficult for those who are working to get to meet ups. A couple of the regular girls have started working and we don't see them nearly as much, however, we try to get nights out now and again- usually in Joondalup. It's been a bit quiet recently but things will pick up again after the winter with meet ups in the park and such. I was going to organise a trip to the cinema this week- will keep you posted!
Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:49 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Laura is a friend of mine....used to live here in Melbourne.
Whoever meets her....give her a big hug from me...and take care of her
Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CasG
Laura is a friend of mine....used to live here in Melbourne.
Whoever meets her....give her a big hug from me...and take care of her
Will do
Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:57 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YFitz
Will do
She's lovely.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Two forums for people headed for Perth or who are already there

http://expatsinwa.com/index.php?act=idx

http://www.pomsinperth.com/discussionboard/index.php

See you over there.
Karen & Co