British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Cairns: Valentines meet-up? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/cairns-valentines-meet-up-581070/)

Looking forward to Oz Dec 31st 2008 12:15 pm

Cairns: Valentines meet-up?

Hi guys/gals,

I have my visa...woohoo!! :thumbsup:

Hoping to fly around 9th/10th Feb therefore will be in Cairns for valentines day. In the absence of a bloke I normally just hang with friends and go for a meal and/or a movie, however, this year, i'll be on ma tod.

Boohoo. :thumbdown:

So, I was wondering if anyone in Cairns would like a little meet-up around 14th (not necessarily on that date as im sure the 'coupled up and cosey' peeps amongst us want to keep that day romantically special)...

Anyhow, let me know if anyone will be up/around for it. [Yes, I know. I'm a bit early as we are only just entering January 2009.]

Season's greetings and happy new year!

Looking forward to Oz Dec 31st 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Cairns: Valentines meet-up?

I have just realised how stupidly early this post is! Happy New Year people!!

I'll let this thread sink for a month or so then bump it up beginning of Feb 2009!!

x

Sally Simpson Dec 31st 2008 11:06 pm

not too early at all! congrats on your visa too! do you know where you will be staying/working yet? perhaps we could have a meet on feb 13 th, mind you, it is a friday!!!! any ideas people of cairns?

tripawaymars Jan 1st 2009 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 7114451)
Hi guys/gals,

I have my visa...woohoo!! :thumbsup:

Hoping to fly around 9th/10th Feb therefore will be in Cairns for valentines day. In the absence of a bloke I normally just hang with friends and go for a meal and/or a movie, however, this year, i'll be on ma tod.

Boohoo. :thumbdown:

So, I was wondering if anyone in Cairns would like a little meet-up around 14th (not necessarily on that date as im sure the 'coupled up and cosey' peeps amongst us want to keep that day romantically special)...

Anyhow, let me know if anyone will be up/around for it. [Yes, I know. I'm a bit early as we are only just entering January 2009.]

Season's greetings and happy new year!

Happy New Year and congrats on the visa....expats normally meet up every couple of months so it would be a good time for a meet up.

Where will you be staying in cairns? Would be nice to have one over at the beaches next time, or we could just do an extra one!! Was going to suggest Apres Bar in Palm Cove at some point, by the sea, kids playground opposite on the beach, music, good food (not pricey) and karaoke on sat nights...

Hope your journey here goes smoothly.

Liz

Sally Simpson Jan 3rd 2009 9:48 pm

hi liz!
apres sounds ok & agree food is good. I was going to suggest trinity beach tavern as there is a kids area there but i'm easy!
any other suggestions folks?

Mamasita Jan 5th 2009 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by tripawaymars (Post 7116857)
Happy New Year and congrats on the visa....expats normally meet up every couple of months so it would be a good time for a meet up.

Where will you be staying in cairns? Would be nice to have one over at the beaches next time, or we could just do an extra one!! Was going to suggest Apres Bar in Palm Cove at some point, by the sea, kids playground opposite on the beach, music, good food (not pricey) and karaoke on sat nights...

Hope your journey here goes smoothly.

Liz

13th or 14th Feb sounds good for me too. Would love to catch up with everyone again as missed the last one.

Palm Cove sounds good to me.

tripawaymars Jan 10th 2009 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by sallyclaire (Post 7123491)
hi liz!
apres sounds ok & agree food is good. I was going to suggest trinity beach tavern as there is a kids area there but i'm easy!
any other suggestions folks?

Trinity Tavern good for kids but last two times we have eaten there the food has been crap!! Seems to have gone downhill a bit recently..Apres Bar good for those that want to have a few drinks later as gets a good atmosphere in there, after kids gone to bed!!

Looking forward to Oz Jan 11th 2009 8:34 pm

Apres Bar it is then!!...Although I have no idea what it's like there so im trusting others.

...I'm already looking forward to the atmospheric drinking session!! :beer:

Can't come quick enough as far as im concerned! - gosh its stressful trying to relocate...

tripawaymars Jan 11th 2009 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 7153551)
Apres Bar it is then!!...Although I have no idea what it's like there so im trusting others.

Can't come quick enough as far as im concerned! - gosh its stressful trying to relocate...

We like it...to book table we will have to have a good idea of who is definately coming as it gets busy for food there so will start a list..anyone up for meeting at Apres Bar Palm Cove, please let us know in this thread asap..are we going for the Friday or the Saturday?

Here is the list:

Liz and Jen
Looking forward to Oz (what are your names)?
Mamista family
Sally Claire and family.

tripawaymars Jan 11th 2009 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 7153551)

P.S..we are in middle of a monsoon at the moment..with the threat of a cyclone to follow..still great living here though. In U.K everyone hates the rain but here it cools things down. Just been down to beach with dog in between downpours and there are king tides..first time seen waves at Kewarra beach! I got soaked walking back but actually quite enjoyed it, how mad is that. You will be arriving in middle of wet season but after April you will have 7 months gorgeous weather to look forward to..winter here is beautiful and if it wasn't for the wet season things wouldn't look so green and lush the rest of the year!!!
Good luck with the moving and getting here. Keep us updated on ex pats.
Look forward to meeting you.
If you need any extra info you can p.m us.
Liz and Jen

rocket01 Jan 12th 2009 2:31 am

Count us in :)

Sally Simpson Jan 12th 2009 4:31 am

Originally Posted by tripawaymars (Post 7154231)
We like it...to book table we will have to have a good idea of who is definately coming as it gets busy for food there so will start a list..anyone up for meeting at Apres Bar Palm Cove, please let us know in this thread asap..are we going for the Friday or the Saturday?

Here is the list:

Liz and Jen
Looking forward to Oz (what are your names)?
Mamista family
Sally Claire and family.

Can we make it the Friday please as we are going to see the Taipans on Saturday!:)

Looking forward to Oz Jan 12th 2009 7:38 am

I'm Leanne (just Leanne - im a loner!). x

tripawaymars Jan 12th 2009 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by rocket01 (Post 7154606)
Count us in :)

Was wondering when you were going to reply! Are you sure it is not too far to travel?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

tripawaymars Jan 12th 2009 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 7155265)
I'm Leanne (just Leanne - im a loner!). x

Aaaaaaah..wheres that violin?..