Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cairns/ Trinity Beach- anyone out there ?

Cairns/ Trinity Beach- anyone out there ?

Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Mamasita is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cairns/ Trinity Beach- anyone out there ?

Hello, We have recently arrived from the UK, taken about a month to settle in, found a rental in Trinity Beach, which we love.

My child starts school shortly 5th Oct. He is 14 and sports mad
I would love to meet up with anyone in the area especially anyone who likes to have a few drinks in the evening !

Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cairns/ Trinity Beach- anyone out there ?

Originally Posted by Mamasita
Hello, We have recently arrived from the UK, taken about a month to settle in, found a rental in Trinity Beach, which we love.

I would love to meet up with anyone in the area especially anyone who likes to have a few drinks in the evening !

Bump.

That northern beaches lot are usually not that slow to respond

WW
Old Sep 27th 2008, 2:25 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Hello mamasita, welcome to Cairns! There are a few of us here who all enjoy a drink and have regular meet ups, we've had get togethers in the Trinity Beach Tavern on more than one accasion..there are no formal arrangements for a meetup ongoing at present but you say when and we'll gladly join you for drink....that's me (nurse at cairns base) hubby nigel (er inbetween jobs) and we have two girls 10 and 12, we lived in Trinity Beach for a few months and loved it but practicality (schools etc) led us to Redlynch where we are now. If you want to meet up say next weekend just say and we'll be there and may be able to rustle up a few others as well.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Hello mamasita, welcome to Cairns! There are a few of us here who all enjoy a drink and have regular meet ups, we've had get togethers in the Trinity Beach Tavern on more than one accasion..there are no formal arrangements for a meetup ongoing at present but you say when and we'll gladly join you for drink....that's me (nurse at cairns base) hubby nigel (er inbetween jobs) and we have two girls 10 and 12, we lived in Trinity Beach for a few months and loved it but practicality (schools etc) led us to Redlynch where we are now. If you want to meet up say next weekend just say and we'll be there and may be able to rustle up a few others as well.

That would be great, sometime over next Saturday or Sunday. whenevers best for you
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

CYA this Saturday at the Trinity Tavern then (Karen sent us a PM) Might be a bit later than 4.

Gill and Bixie
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Brilliant. See you saturday

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
CYA this Saturday at the Trinity Tavern then (Karen sent us a PM) Might be a bit later than 4.

Gill and Bixie
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:42 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

That's good

Anyone else wants to come and say hi we'll be at the Trinity Beach Tavern from 4pm on Sat
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
That's good

Anyone else wants to come and say hi we'll be at the Trinity Beach Tavern from 4pm on Sat

Hi Karen
We met a couple of new expats a few weeks back who wanted to be told if any meet ups are on the cards!

CYA there girl
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi
Have contacted a few of the expats we know - they are all gonna try and make it A lot of them dont come on BE anymore.

CYA tomorrow
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:13 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Cairns/ Trinity Beach- anyone out there ?

Great, I'm really looking forward to it. I also met up with a couple last week who are from Cornwall and knew my sister. They haven't managed to meet many people so have suggested they come too. They live in Redlynch.

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Hi
Have contacted a few of the expats we know - they are all gonna try and make it A lot of them dont come on BE anymore.

CYA tomorrow