Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cairns-Palm Cove meet now Feb 21st

Cairns-Palm Cove meet now Feb 21st

Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cairns-Palm Cove meet now Feb 21st

The Valentines meet has now been changed to Sat 21st Feb, 5pm @ the Apres bar in Palm Cove. Please let Tripawaymars know if you are coming along as she is booking tables!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cairns-Palm Cove meet now Feb 21st

Should you need it, here's the link to the old thread;

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...00#post7281300
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
The Valentines meet has now been changed to Sat 21st Feb, 5pm @ the Apres bar in Palm Cove. Please let Tripawaymars know if you are coming along as she is booking tables!
Hi SallyClaire,

You beat me to it..was\ going to put new thread on with new date.
Will just try to reserve the few big tables at back of room from 5p.m...should seat about 20 I reckon.
Must add Gill and Bix to the list..

Lizx
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

NEW LIST FOR PALM COVE

Gill and Bix (Yes, you are coming)!!
Liz and jen
SallyClaire and family
Rocket and family
Leanne (in honour of)!!
Burbage?? How many
Marmasita and family
Simon and John (newbies)
Kaye and Family
Nick and Mike

Can anyone with families let me know how many, I will work it on 4 per family!!

Adam and ruth etc, are you coming?

Anyone else?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Anyone know how much a taxi will be from Palm Cove to Cairns centre? I've found the bus time table to get me there but coming back ive been told not to use public transport after dark i.e 6-7pm onwards because its not safe, esp a girl on her own...!

Anyone know any cheap taxi firms? Or are the buses actually safe?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
Anyone know how much a taxi will be from Palm Cove to Cairns centre? I've found the bus time table to get me there but coming back ive been told not to use public transport after dark i.e 6-7pm onwards because its not safe, esp a girl on her own...!

Hi Leanne,

There is only one taxi firm in Cairns!! We paid $45 dollars to kewarra beach..about same as the U.K..dont know if anyone else coming from cairns that could pick you up?!! Would have thought bus o.k if you sit at the front and get off n the centre??
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

I think someone is winding you up a bit...I'm not saying everything here is perfect but I think I'd feel safer here on a bus after dark than in a lot of places in the U.K.!

I am sure anyway that someone will be willing to give you a lift....we will...providing we're there! waiting to find out what the OH's shifts are!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Before i go to the wrong place, it is 117/9 Williams Esplanade? (before i turn up at the wrong place!). x
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Before i go to the wrong place, it is 117/9 Williams Esplanade? (before i turn up at the wrong place!). x
Don't worry Leanne, you can't miss it!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

WELL I BOOKED TABLES FOR 30!!!
And I think we had about 18 turn up!! those who couldn't be bothered you know who you are....
What started off as a quiet evening, however, turned out to be a good night for those of us who stayed...I was even going to sing a tune on karaoke and they didn't play it..a good thing for those that were there!

Those of you who didn't get the chance or were too shy to sing will have another opportunity at our pool party in April!!

Was it because the meet was at Pam Cove that people didn't turn up???
thre are many people that now live over Trinity Beach/kewarra/Palm Cove area so it is only fair to alternate meet ups between the beaches and Cairns CBD......however, those who live nearer to the CBD also need to attend the meets at the beaches, otherwise why bother!!

So, a big thank you for those who turned up and made it an enjoyable night.

Leanne, where did you disappear to? We had only been there an hour and you were gone!!! It was your meet up?! Shame you went so early.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:20 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to sing Nessun Dorma but was paid not to.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix
I was going to sing Nessun Dorma but was paid not to.

I think the moon walk and status quo dance was quite enough!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Liz, I'm surprised you can remember anything WOW Hope you were both ok this morning and your poor dog still had his walkies

For the people that dont bother to turn up even when they say they are going to - its their loss! The ones that did I'm sure had a few fun hours like we did

Looking forward to that pool party at yours Bix will def be on the red wine that day so I will apologise in advance for any moonwalking or breakdancing he does

CYA soon
Take care
Gillx
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:33 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

good to finally meet you Liz and jen, sorry we had to go early Peter had football today, but he loved singing on the karoke and apparently theres photos to prove it, his mate from football was the waiter lol
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Liz, I'm surprised you can remember anything WOW Hope you were both ok this morning and your poor dog still had his walkies

For the people that dont bother to turn up even when they say they are going to - its their loss! The ones that did I'm sure had a few fun hours like we did

Looking forward to that pool party at yours Bix will def be on the red wine that day so I will apologise in advance for any moonwalking or breakdancing he does

CYA soon
Take care
Gillx
Cheeky!!

Yes, we were both drunk but no hangovers and dog still got 2 hour walk along Ellis Beach followed by bacon sandwhich at the cafe!!
May have been drunk but we still love you both..get sloppy when drunk!!

I will prepare myself for lifesaving at the pool party when Bix falls in.

Kaye, nice to meet you too..hope to see you again soon.
Liz and Jenx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.