Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Originally Posted by mikeyp
G'day!

Well thanks for that - I'll be keeping my eyes peeled!

Mike

No worries m8
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Hello Cairns folk.
Haven't been on the site for a while - just came across this thread, and looks like we missed out on the get together too.
Been in Cairns since Feb 07 and struggling with the meeting friends part a bit - so give us a holler 'cus we'd love to meet some nice, friendly people.

Thanks

Mike & Nick
Hey Mike and Nick..welcome to the site, I will be moving out with my partner Jen in about 3 weeks time (well, me first then Jen about 2 months later)...so we will be up for nights out etc..we are very sociable and can't wait for the next meet as there appears to be a lot more people now arriving. keep posting on here and looking for updates. I have made friends on this site before I have even got to Cairns ..it's a great resource...whereabouts are you living?
Liz
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Had our leaving do Easter Saturday night..as you can see from the photo taken at the end of the night we were slightly sozzled!!! Put it this way I couldn't keep up with the three glasses of wine that were constatntly lined up for me all night..what a shame! We had about 80 there at the busiest time and 30 couldn't come because it was Easter..a great night and will hold memories for a long time....problem is we now have to have booze ups with all of those we didn't get to see Saturday.. a hard life it is.
Liz
Attached Thumbnails Cairns meet during Easter 2008-p2210455.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-pict1873.jpg  
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

mikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nice

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Hey Mike and Nick..welcome to the site, I will be moving out with my partner Jen in about 3 weeks time (well, me first then Jen about 2 months later)...so we will be up for nights out etc..we are very sociable and can't wait for the next meet as there appears to be a lot more people now arriving. keep posting on here and looking for updates. I have made friends on this site before I have even got to Cairns ..it's a great resource...whereabouts are you living?
Liz
Hi Liz

At first we bought in Edmonton - but it wasn't really the place for us. We've been living in Trinity Park since November and like the north side much better - though we've still got lots of work to do on the house! Hope to meet you when you get here!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Liz

At first we bought in Edmonton - but it wasn't really the place for us. We've been living in Trinity Park since November and like the north side much better - though we've still got lots of work to do on the house! Hope to meet you when you get here!
Will look forward to it, dare say will meet you at the next ex pats meet if not before..getting excited now...we hope to be in brinsmead area..fancied Trinity Beach but need to be near work etc for first 6 months until we can buy a place...maybe you can give us some D.I.Y tips as sounds like you will be experts by then!
Liz
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Will look forward to it, dare say will meet you at the next ex pats meet if not before..getting excited now...we hope to be in brinsmead area..fancied Trinity Beach but need to be near work etc for first 6 months until we can buy a place...maybe you can give us some D.I.Y tips as sounds like you will be experts by then!
Liz
Looks like your leaving do was fun! Great pics Liz! As soon as we know you have booked the flights - will post on here with a few dates for the next expat meet up to get the ball rolling, rolling, rolling down the river Lisa Hunts fault Liz sorry

Gill
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Looks like your leaving do was fun! Great pics Liz! As soon as we know you have booked the flights - will post on here with a few dates for the next expat meet up to get the ball rolling, rolling, rolling down the river Lisa Hunts fault Liz sorry

Gill

I HAVE MY VISA...OH MY GOD..I HAVE MY VISA.......

GET THAT BBQ WARMED UP BIX, I AM ON THE WAY..TRIPAWAYMARS IS ON THE WAY.

SENDING PASSPORT OFF TOMMOROW TO GET THAT LABEL PUT IN THEN BOOKING FLIGHTS......CAN'T BELIEVE IT...

CHAMPAGNE OUT TOMMOROW NIGHT!!
LIZXX
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Fanbloodytastic girl

The BBQ is still warm waiting for your arrival Liz Will have to go out and get some bangers and burgers

Sleep well - as if!

Speak again soon

SENDING PASSPORT OFF TOMMOROW TO GET THAT LABEL PUT IN THEN BOOKING FLIGHTS......CAN'T BELIEVE IT...

LIZXX
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss

Gill
You will then have to do one a few months later when Jen gets there!!!!!!
Lizx
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

You will then have to do one a few months later when Jen gets there!!!!!!
Lizx
Oh, alright then if we must Eh wait a minute missy! Thought we were teaching you so you can do the cooking Your first purchase is gonna have to be a BBQ Liz

Its so late Liz what you still doing up eh??? Oh yes of course, YOU GOT YOUR VISA

Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

LIZXX
The CO also sent me an email.
Very basic it was.
Attached Thumbnails Cairns meet during Easter 2008-evacuate.jpg  
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

The word spread very quickly too
Attached Thumbnails Cairns meet during Easter 2008-traffic.jpg  
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:33 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Many congratulations.

A weight has no doubt been lifted
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:41 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

You are mean Bix.

Congratulations Liz 'bout time to xx
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix
The word spread very quickly too
Oooo you cheeky bugger..amusing with it though!!!
is that the Bruce Highway at rush hour?? I will have no probs squeezing my motorbike down the middle of those lanes!!!!! Ha ha...
Lizx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.