British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Cairns meet during Easter 2008 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/cairns-meet-during-easter-2008-a-503230/)

kazza1 Apr 13th 2008 8:46 pm

Re: Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Originally Posted by wardy2 (Post 6140918)
How do you get a PO box from UK...help please.

Thanks

kaye x

Hi

Did anyone find out if this was possible? I have done a search but can't find the answer!! I am assuming it's a no go..

Thanks!

Kazza

Shaun&Dee Apr 14th 2008 3:20 am

Originally Posted by wardy2 (Post 6139608)
You are so happy I can sense it you know.

we arrive before may 16th so you will not be able to avoid us.

Desperately trying to find somewhere to stay now not to expensive anyone have contacts with rentals or holiday homes etc.

Some one must there are 6 of us coming only 4 staying after the first week.

city would probably be best or round there for catchment of CSHS.

I always knew cairns was right for us finally got hubby to see my way of thinking :thumbsup:

Kaye x

edit i did see you magazine pic in the rogues gallery

I stayed in Cairns Regis City Keys. It was a special rate of $95 ish dollars for a 1 bed appartment with living room. etc, very spacious. The appartments are dual key so there is another room & shower as a seperate self contained unit through a lobby door. Could always give them a try. I had a cheap rate so may be a bit more right in the city centre.

Shaun&Dee Apr 14th 2008 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 6140973)
All will be revealed here Kaye.....
http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1467...9~MO19,00.html

Haven't read it all but suspect you'll need an Aus address and present ID so can't do it until you're here.

He's right. You can not open one up in Oz until you present ID. Most are normally outside so you can access your post 24 hours a day. Its when a letter is too big they ask you to go to the counter to pick it up. Thats where the 8.30 til 5.00 is important as if they are shut you can not pick it up.

wanderingwombat Apr 14th 2008 8:53 am

Originally Posted by kazza1 (Post 6203387)
Hi

Did anyone find out if this was possible? I have done a search but can't find the answer!! I am assuming it's a no go..

Thanks!

Kazza

You need to have Au ID to prove your identity. That requirement came about as a result of the ole dodgy Gold Coast PO Box scams..

WW

tripawaymars Apr 20th 2008 10:55 am

Originally Posted by kazza1 (Post 6203387)
Hi

Thanks!

Kazza

Kaye,
Dont know if you got a reply to this.you cant get a po box without an address in oz but I did get a nice reply from the post office to say that I could redirect my mail for free to the sorting office where they would hold it until I got a residential address in oz..so that is a possibility..hope this helps.
Also you can redirect post from u.k to oz po box number..and can do it over the phone without having to show ID at a post office, they use your credit card as ID..
Lizx

Bix da Boss Apr 23rd 2008 10:54 pm

CAIRNS 2ND EXPAT MEET UP!

WELL, ITS NEARLY HERE GUYS:D

Hope you can all still make it - see you there:thumbsup::beer:

Cheers
Gill, Bix and of course Liz:)

windog Apr 24th 2008 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss (Post 6256389)
CAIRNS 2ND EXPAT MEET UP!

WELL, ITS NEARLY HERE GUYS:D

Hope you can all still make it - see you there:thumbsup::beer:

Cheers
Gill, Bix and of course Liz:)

Well its a bit of a trek for us but we'll be there!:rofl:

Bix da Boss Apr 24th 2008 9:48 am

Originally Posted by windog (Post 6257528)

Know what you mean m8 :lol: Oh well, the exercise is good for ya :lol:

Cya there buddy:thumbsup:

Bix Apr 24th 2008 10:46 am

Originally Posted by windog (Post 6257528)

We could pick you up in the bus.
You know, one of them new walking buses the schools are using :D

wardy2 Apr 24th 2008 3:54 pm

Look like it will take us a while to finally get to a meet we have hit a bloody, great frickin big wall :curse:

Hiccup with our buyers mortgage means they have to apply to another company to get a mortgage. Long story, dont want to bore you. :eek:

Who knows when we will arrive now what a pain.

have a great time everyone.

Kaye xx

Ps Liz good luck on Monday so pleased you are enjoying it I wont pretend i'm not jealous because I am :wub:

Bix da Boss Apr 24th 2008 10:56 pm

Oh Kaye - what a nightmare! We really understand what you are going thru believe me girl!! The only thing I can say is, it worked out for us when we had already given up ever selling our house so hang in there and lets hope the mortgage company they are now approaching work fast!

Hopefully we will have some pics at this meet up - forgot to take any at the last one!

Take care
Gill:)

Originally Posted by wardy2 (Post 6260057)
Look like it will take us a while to finally get to a meet we have hit a bloody, great frickin big wall :curse:

Hiccup with our buyers mortgage means they have to apply to another company to get a mortgage. Long story, dont want to bore you. :eek:

Who knows when we will arrive now what a pain.

have a great time everyone.

Kaye xx

Ps Liz good luck on Monday so pleased you are enjoying it I wont pretend i'm not jealous because I am :wub:

wardy2 Apr 25th 2008 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss (Post 6262154)
Oh Kaye - what a nightmare! We really understand what you are going thru believe me girl!! The only thing I can say is, it worked out for us when we had already given up ever selling our house so hang in there and lets hope the mortgage company they are now approaching work fast!

Hopefully we will have some pics at this meet up - forgot to take any at the last one!

Take care
Gill:)

Thanks Gill I hope you all have a great day tomorrow :thumbsup:

Heres to your first meet liz

kaye x