Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Originally Posted by wardy2
"Caramalised" liz well thats what I call it
Thats a new one!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:22 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Thats a new one!!
unfortunately its not a new one to me
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wardy2
unfortunately its not a new one to me

Looks like we could both do with some help from Bix!!
Can't wait to meet up with you..think we will have a few laughs out there.
take care
Lizx
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:47 am
In Cairns and loving it!!

The morris clan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Hi
Read abt this on another thread this morning and told Bix who was totally unaware of it! We will def try and be there - would be lovely to meet everyone:-) As for venue and time - depends on how many young children will be coming really as they will need something to keep them 'happy' lol!

We went to the Trinity Beach Sports Club recently and thought it was well good - met up with a few expats and had a good laugh! It is a big place and right on the beach front. Most places will be really busy over Easter w/end which is something to take into account.
The Lagoon and Muddies areas on the Esplanade are good for families with younger kids, lots of BBQ areas and fun water activities etc to keep them busy! We have a 21 and 19 yr old so our days of worrying abt that are over - aaahhhh lovely!

There are many other places of course just thought I wld mention the above.

Cya soon then eh!
Bix and da boss
I go to Brissy for 2 weeks and come back to find I nearly missed this one.
We are up for a meet, have been to Trinity Beach as well as The Esplanade, both lovely places.

It would be lovely to put faces to names.

Helen
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 3:08 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Read abt this on another thread this morning and told Bix who was totally unaware of it! We will def try and be there - would be lovely to meet everyone:-) As for venue and time - depends on how many young children will be coming really as they will need something to keep them 'happy' lol!

We went to the Trinity Beach Sports Club recently and thought it was well good - met up with a few expats and had a good laugh! It is a big place and right on the beach front. Most places will be really busy over Easter w/end which is something to take into account.
The Lagoon and Muddies areas on the Esplanade are good for families with younger kids, lots of BBQ areas and fun water activities etc to keep them busy! We have a 21 and 19 yr old so our days of worrying abt that are over - aaahhhh lovely!

There are many other places of course just thought I wld mention the above.

Cya soon then eh!
Bix and da boss
we were at the trinity beach pub not the trinity beach sports club. 2 different venues.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngy73
we were at the trinity beach pub not the trinity beach sports club. 2 different venues.
A one liner as usual Richard but I stand corrected Doesn't change the fact that we liked the 'Pub' Have actually been back a couple of times since the meet up with you guys.

Apart from that, how are ya? Saw your cheeky smile on the UK WDU prog this week, I must say you came over as being very nice, be careful or else you wont be doing your reputation any good

Gill

Last edited by Bix da Boss; Feb 2nd 2008 at 4:21 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The morris clan
I go to Brissy for 2 weeks and come back to find I nearly missed this one.
We are up for a meet, have been to Trinity Beach as well as The Esplanade, both lovely places.

It would be lovely to put faces to names.

Helen
G'day
Good talking to you today CYA next week then - at last you'll be meeting the infamous BIX Dont worry, he'll sit quietly in the corner no wait - thats usually me cause I cant get a blinkin word in he he he

Cheers
Gill
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:06 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Oh......we won't be over in time for this meet
Hopefully be there for the next one though!!!
Hope you all have a great time and lots of
Beth x x
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:53 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

A one liner as usual Richard but I stand corrected Doesn't change the fact that we liked the 'Pub' Have actually been back a couple of times since the meet up with you guys.

Apart from that, how are ya? Saw your cheeky smile on the UK WDU prog this week, I must say you came over as being very nice, be careful or else you wont be doing your reputation any good

Gill
does that mean that im normally not very nice? just remember i know how the bixeys operate. why dont we have the meet in the courthouse
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

does that mean that im normally not very nice? just remember i know how the bixeys operate. why dont we have the meet in the courthouse
Us bixeys know the answer to that question eh
Are you being serious about the Courthouse or just taking the piss
You thinking of going then cause if you are, we will get someone else to tell you where it is to avoid any confusion

Have a good weekend
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Oh......we won't be over in time for this meet
Hopefully be there for the next one though!!!
Hope you all have a great time and lots of
Beth x x
We'll arrange another one just for you guys how about that Beth - sounds good eh

Take care and congrats on your OH getting that job

I'm Bix's other half in case you dont know - the better half I might add

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:21 am
youngy73

Us bixeys know the answer to that question eh
Are you being serious about the Courthouse or just taking the piss
You thinking of going then cause if you are, we will get someone else to tell you where it is to avoid any confusion

Have a good weekend
yeah i wa just kidding about the venue. hows about brunch (such a poxy word but i like it)at the kewarra beach bbqs. we can can have a feed and a few beers and there is the playground for the kids.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 12:38 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i wa just kidding about the venue. hows about brunch (such a poxy word but i like it)at the kewarra beach bbqs. we can can have a feed and a few beers and there is the playground for the kids.
Are we allowed to go there if our kids are older than 12 ?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
Sounds good, I know there are more people who will be in Cairns, it just seems that they haven't seen the post!
I may be there by the 22nd now..just!! Without kids or my partner as I will have to come out first for a few months..new boss wants me there by the 18th so I can train with himbefore he goes off elsewhere in April (otherwise I have to go with him to Mackay to train for 2 weeks which I don't fancy)!

Hoping to get out there around the 10th MARCH providing my medicals are all finalised and visa through by then..Bix can show me his BBQ skills then!
Hope to find a place to rent in Trinity Beach so may even be able to stagger home!
Liz
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Any suggestions are good at the mo. Will have to see if anyone else comes up with any. BBQs are free to use at a few of the local beaches so...........

There are a few definates up for it so could be a good crowd of us going eh

Hope the OP is taking note?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.