Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cairns 22 November

Cairns 22 November

Old Nov 15th 2008, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cairns 22 November

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
We are in Singapore at the moment
Leave tomorrow night with Quantas Flying to Bris then on to Cairns Arrive Wednesday lunchtime.
Loads of luck to you, hope the flights all work out
BON VOYAGE!
Hi SallyClaire

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA.
So what do you think so far, where are you staying?
Not been in BE much lately as working away a lot (in lovely Mackay..uuuuum, not so lovely) and when in Cairns very busy making up for when I was in Mackay..so busy, busy, busy.
Did you find work as my other half has started working for a company that employs nurses privately..and many work part time there and part time at Cairns base, you would have a nice boss..and English!! My OH.
We can speak to you about it on Saturday.
Let us know how you are finding Cairns, warm enough for you?
Jens parents arrive this Thurs for 2 months....YIKES!!!!!

Lizx

Hi everyone else!
Old Nov 15th 2008, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Hi SallyClaire

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA.
So what do you think so far, where are you staying?
Not been in BE much lately as working away a lot (in lovely Mackay..uuuuum, not so lovely) and when in Cairns very busy making up for when I was in Mackay..so busy, busy, busy.
Did you find work as my other half has started working for a company that employs nurses privately..and many work part time there and part time at Cairns base, you would have a nice boss..and English!! My OH.
We can speak to you about it on Saturday.
Let us know how you are finding Cairns, warm enough for you?
Jens parents arrive this Thurs for 2 months....YIKES!!!!!

Lizx

OMG! In-laws for 2 months Are you bringing them along next Saturday?
What's wrong with Mackay?
Have job on renal dialysis unit, still to negotiate start date
Staying at 181 Esplanade, very nice!
Confused about where to settle though, too many choices, decisions etc.
Look forward to meeting you & Jen next weekend, hopefully be a bit more organised by then

Old Nov 15th 2008, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Well we arrived at Heathrow on Wednesday and are still in transit, just on our final leg now and waiting at Sydney for our flight to Cairns.(what an episode this trip has been after sleeping on the plane overnight in Camberra due to Sydney being closed yesterday)

see you all soon Ron and family.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 11:41 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rocket01
Well we arrived at Heathrow on Wednesday and are still in transit, just on our final leg now and waiting at Sydney for our flight to Cairns.(what an episode this trip has been after sleeping on the plane overnight in Camberra due to Sydney being closed yesterday)

see you all soon Ron and family.

Hope you are all ok and your flight from Sydney is over -
Welcome to Cairns

Cya next Saturday then Ron and family
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Aly_James is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking forward to seeing everyone next Sat. Well organised Bix, looks like we are going to take over the whole place!!

If any of the new folks need to buy a car then I am the man to talk to! Great deal for expats!! (Just mention this ad)

James
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:56 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aly_James
Looking forward to seeing everyone next Sat. Well organised Bix, looks like we are going to take over the whole place!!

If any of the new folks need to buy a car then I am the man to talk to! Great deal for expats!! (Just mention this ad)

James
Hows about a car raffle Jamie
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bix
Hows about a car raffle Jamie
Sounds like a plan. $500 a ticket*

*Minimum sales of 20 required
Old Nov 16th 2008, 2:02 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Tis a bargain.
Seller buys a round when 20th ticket is sold.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 2:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bix
Tis a bargain.
That is break even - seeing as you have managed to arrange a meet of about 5000 people I will buy the round after the 40th ticket is sold! (Local beer and spirits only)
Old Nov 16th 2008, 2:07 am
Bix
da Bonehead

That is break even - seeing as you have managed to arrange a meet of about 5000 people I will buy the round after the 40th ticket is sold! (Local beer and spirits only)

That's a deal.
Who's bringing the straws ?

And what sort of car is it I hear people asking.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bix
That's a deal.
Who's bringing the straws ?

And what sort of car is it I hear people asking.
Trying very hard not to get done for spamming British expats:

1 Hyundai Getz $10500 ono
1 Hyundai Elantra $16500 ono

Both have 4 yr warranty, registered Nov 2007! BARGAIN!!! Someone buy them as I really don't want to drive to Melbourne!

I reckon the Bix family could do with a couple more cars!

EDIT: Of course this is all about the Cairns expat meet up raffle!!!

Last edited by Aly_James; Nov 16th 2008 at 2:19 am. Reason: To avoid confusion leading to post being deleted!!
Old Nov 16th 2008, 2:16 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Trying very hard not to get done for spamming British expats:

1 Hyundai Getz $10500 ono
1 Hyundai Elantra $16500 ono

Both have 4 yr warranty, registered Nov 2007! BARGAIN!!! Someone buy them as I really don't want to drive to Melbourne!

I reckon the Bix family could do with a couple more cars!
I'm going to report you for advertising on the forum now. Shocking behaviour

I thought we may sneak them in seeing as they're meet up raffle prizes.

I'm not buying a ticket as we already have 4 cars here. I'm already thinking of selling up and buying a garage.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

James
Certainly like to talk to you

If you could make it $50 a ticket, it would be a great plan!

Originally Posted by Bix
Tis a bargain.
I thought the drinks were on you all night Bix
Hope you enjoyed the drums the other night & thanks for tea btw
Old Nov 16th 2008, 9:56 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I thought the drinks were on you all night Bix
Hope you enjoyed the drums the other night & thanks for tea btw
Blimey, I better not arrive until closing time then.

Twas lovely meeting you all Sal and hope you get sorted soon. Difficult decisions to make.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
Hope you are all ok and your flight from Sydney is over -
Welcome to Cairns

Cya next Saturday then Ron and family
Cheers bix

C U all there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.