Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cadbury's 0 Darrell Lea 1!

Cadbury's 0 Darrell Lea 1!

Old Apr 28th 2006, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cadbury's 0 Darrell Lea 1!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...861520896.html

Article might be of interest.

OzTennis
Old Apr 28th 2006, 10:09 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cadbury's 0 Darrell Lea 1!

lol - ****ing lawyers justifying their own pathetic existences yet again ...
Old Apr 28th 2006, 10:47 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...861520896.html

Article might be of interest.

OzTennis
We have a lawyer at our company who is a law onto himself (pardon the pun). He is so full of shit that it makes me want to wheelspin on his face (using the new Airbus A380).

He's just lost a £100,000 contract because of his interfering and non-sensical behaviour. He also tries to dictate technical policy.

I think all lawyers should form the first wave of any hopeless military assault.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
We have a lawyer at our company who is a law onto himself (pardon the pun). He is so full of shit that it makes me want to wheelspin on his face (using the new Airbus A380).

He's just lost a £100,000 contract because of his interfering and non-sensical behaviour. He also tries to dictate technical policy.

I think all lawyers should form the first wave of any hopeless military assault.
There is a part in Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, where he describes one of the Roman Emporers touring Gaul. Apparently he didn't like lawyers either. Everytime he came across an Advocate he sewed their lips together and said "Now let the Asps hiss".

Then there was the time several years ago when I was running the LAN for Australian Securities Commission (as it was then) we used to put up a funny for the day because the network side took about a minute to come up. Everyone would read the funny whilst they waited. This part went out to all the network, Australia wide. So one day I put in a quote from Henry IV (I think) "First we kill all the lawyers". I thought that this was rather neat.

No-one in the network area knew that the NSW management was in serious dispute with their legal staff Those dumb bunnies took that as provocation and nearly walked out on strike. Senior Management was perturbed, to say the least. I was hauled up before some pompous prick and asked to explain myself! "What for, the day before it as about the moon, the day before that was about sailors etc." We were given strict guidelines as to what we could and couldn't put up as the Funny of the day. I told them that I wasn't go to have anything to do with regimented humour. Humour was supposed to be spontaneous.

So the next day, I put up a login notice to the effect that as some people had delicate constitutions and were allegedly offended very easily, there would be no more funny of the day. That produced a storm of complaints, that we directed to both management and the legal area that was having the dispute. The word came down to restore the funny of the day but please try and be considerate.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 6:11 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Cadbury's 0 Darrell Lea 1!

Multinational chocolate maker Cadbury has been told it does not "own" the colour purple, as its attempt to sue a rival was rejected by Australia's Federal Court.
Source.

Bwahahahah! I can hardly believe they had the gall to try it on, the numpties! What a joke!

Darrell Lea must be laughing all the way to the bank...