Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Caboolture and Morayfield?????? Brisbane

Caboolture and Morayfield?????? Brisbane

Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:53 pm

dazem has a spectacular aura aboutdazem has a spectacular aura aboutdazem has a spectacular aura about
Default Caboolture and Morayfield?????? Brisbane

Hi

Can anyone please give me an idea on these 2 areas?? We are moving to Brisbane in 2 weeks OMG!! and i'd be interested to know about these places. Are there any areas to avoid or any that are reasonably nice? Also does anyone know what schools my children would attend from here, it would be primary schools.

Thanks guys

Em xx
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:58 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caboolture and Morayfield?????? Brisbane

Originally Posted by dazem
Hi

Can anyone please give me an idea on these 2 areas?? We are moving to Brisbane in 2 weeks OMG!! and i'd be interested to know about these places. Are there any areas to avoid or any that are reasonably nice? Also does anyone know what schools my children would attend from here, it would be primary schools.

Thanks guys

Em xx

We are due to move to Morayfield in a couple of weeks time, I have worked in both areas you mentioned.

Also look at Burpengary and Narangba.

Morayfield, can be very hit and miss, as can Caboolture Narangba and Burpengary !!

You have your shite areas, and you have your good areas.

All of these are serviced by trains to Brizzy Cbd, and rail stops.

All have excellent access to the Highway.

Burpengary is split across the Bruce, some on the western side and some on the eastern side.. adjoining Deception Bay.

The southern side of Morayfield is the best, which is where we are moving to.

Search for Nairn Road, Oakey Flat Road... those kind of roads, are on south side of Morayfield and have fantastic homes, and access to schools etc... some with stunning views of glass house mountains..

Excelsior park is a nice estate, most homes, approx 1 to 2 acres, and arranged like a giant version of Neighbours !

Ste
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Thanks guys

Em xx

Hi there
Sorry I can not answer your question, just wanted to wish you all the best.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Take your time to look around. Caboolture isn't a great area but am sure there could be some nice pockets amongst it all. Very boganish though !

Hi

Thanks guys

Em xx
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough

We have just settled on the edge of Burpengary, towards Narangba, and my daughter goes to Jinibara School in Naragba. We have been here 3 weeks now, we have our opinions and I will be happy to give you some info if you PM me

All in all very nice part of Queensland I think !
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Sunny Devon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks guys

Em xx
Hi Em

We arrived 7 months ago and we had those two areas and Caloundra in mind we settled for Caloundra in the end and cant speak highly enough about the place or the people every weekends like being on holiday even when it is raining.

My advice would be to go up to these areas speak to the locals and get a feel for yourself before renting or buying.Keep your options open and dont panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We didnt fancy either off these places but that doesnt mean its not right for you and your family.

We had big ideas when we came out about acreage etc but they have all gone out the window now and we will quite happily settle for a 700-800 block but it depends what you want(Spending all weekend cutting grass and picking up palm leaves isnt my idea of fun)My opinion somebody else might totally disagree.

Just make sure where you decide to live has everything that will make life easier for everyone to settle in as quickly as poss.

I hope this helps and the move goes as well as ours has
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:08 am
Mav
Forum Regular

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...02390294563822

We are due to move to Morayfield in a couple of weeks time, I have worked in both areas you mentioned.

Morayfield, can be very hit and miss, as can Caboolture Narangba and Burpengary !!

Burpengary is split across the Bruce, some on the western side and some on the eastern side.. adjoining Deception Bay.

Search for Nairn Road, Oakey Flat Road... those kind of roads, are on south side of Morayfield and have fantastic homes, and access to schools etc... some with stunning views of glass house mountains..

Excelsior park is a nice estate, most homes, approx 1 to 2 acres, and arranged like a giant version of Neighbours !

Ste
we live on oakey flat rd morayfield and love living here,great area in my opinion,good schools and shopping centre,45 minutes by car or train to the city
happy days
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:45 am

dazem has a spectacular aura aboutdazem has a spectacular aura aboutdazem has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

Ste
Thanks so much for that info - The house looks lovely!!!!

Em xx
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hi there
Sorry I can not answer your question, just wanted to wish you all the best.
Thank you so much for you good wishes - sending them to you too!!

xx
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Sunny Devon
Hi Em

We arrived 7 months ago and we had those two areas and Caloundra in mind we settled for Caloundra in the end and cant speak highly enough about the place or the people every weekends like being on holiday even when it is raining.

My advice would be to go up to these areas speak to the locals and get a feel for yourself before renting or buying.Keep your options open and dont panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We didnt fancy either off these places but that doesnt mean its not right for you and your family.

We had big ideas when we came out about acreage etc but they have all gone out the window now and we will quite happily settle for a 700-800 block but it depends what you want(Spending all weekend cutting grass and picking up palm leaves isnt my idea of fun)My opinion somebody else might totally disagree.

Just make sure where you decide to live has everything that will make life easier for everyone to settle in as quickly as poss.

I hope this helps and the move goes as well as ours has
Thank you for all that info. I know what you mean, we will defo look round all thye areas that we are interested in. You really can't get any idea over the net, can you! Think we're gonna be really busy in those 1st few weeks.

Em xx
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

swallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to all

Hi

Thanks guys

Em xx
hi everyone,im new to this place and using pc! me and the family are also hoping to come over.just got a positive from tra to our relief.next step visa hopefully! i'm a painter by trade so we too are thinking about caboolture and surrounding areas to live what with it not being to far from city,hoping there plenty of work there.any advice will be greatly recieved. hope i put this in right place! the ozzie dream is still alive !
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

theshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by swallowbride

hi everyone,im new to this place and using pc! me and the family are also hoping to come over.just got a positive from tra to our relief.next step visa hopefully! i'm a painter by trade so we too are thinking about caboolture and surrounding areas to live what with it not being to far from city,hoping there plenty of work there.any advice will be greatly recieved. hope i put this in right place! the ozzie dream is still alive !

Areas I would suggest around there are Narangba, Burpengary and North Lakes.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

swallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by theshinenz
Areas I would suggest around there are Narangba, Burpengary and North Lakes.
cheers for that will look them up.are they good places for kids we have 10yr 7yr and 19 month.7yr really into his sport! is work easy to get for a very keen painter who will work like mad for a better life.would hate to take kids all that way for nothing.god that bit is negative sorry
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Hi

Thanks guys

Em xx
We live in Narangba in the new Creekside estate and we love it, 2 minutes walk to the school, 30 minutes to Bribie, 20 minutes to Redcliff, much quieter than North Lakes.

House are cheaper too.

Bobby
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
We live in Narangba in the new Creekside estate and we love it, 2 minutes walk to the school, 30 minutes to Bribie, 20 minutes to Redcliff, much quieter than North Lakes.

House are cheaper too.

Bobby
Thanks Bobby

Narangba looks lovely and is defo on our first stop to look around. What is the school there and how do you find it?

Em xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.