Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Caboolture to Brisbane

Caboolture to Brisbane

Old Aug 5th 2003, 12:13 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Caboolture to Brisbane

Hi all,

Were still not sure where we are going to be living with regards to which city. Trying to do lots of research on various areas.

My question for the day...

Is the caboolture/brisbane trip commutable? Its only 40ks, which is an ok distance, but do the roads get very clogged in peak time?

Whats the train service like from caboolture? Looks ok on the timeltables.......but does anyone use this line?

How long do we estimate the drive would take at peak time?

Cheers

Pete.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 9:30 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Caboolture to Brisbane

Originally posted by PeteY
Hi all,

Were still not sure where we are going to be living with regards to which city. Trying to do lots of research on various areas.

My question for the day...

Is the caboolture/brisbane trip commutable? Its only 40ks, which is an ok distance, but do the roads get very clogged in peak time?

Whats the train service like from caboolture? Looks ok on the timeltables.......but does anyone use this line?

How long do we estimate the drive would take at peak time?

Cheers

Pete.
I've commuted on the Caboolture-Brisbane line for over 20 years. The electric train service is clean, efficient and reliable. Trains are packed in peak hours. Costs A$40 for a week between Caboolture and Brisbane.

You would only drive if you work somewhere inconvenient to the train line. Car trips into Brisbane generally come to a standstill at the Anzac Avenue on-ramp in the morning peak hour. Out of Brisbane the tailbacks occur near the Gateway arterial on-ramp.

Traffic can be very heavy on the Bruce Highway and there is work commencing on widening it from 2 lanes each way to 3 lanes. I do not believe that this will relieve the congestion at peak hours as there are now too many on and off ramps to service the new suburbs in the Northern corridor.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 9:47 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Great, thanks for the reply Florida.

Can i ask how long the train journey takes?

Cheers

Pete.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 10:09 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
Great, thanks for the reply Florida.

Can i ask how long the train journey takes?

Cheers

Pete.
For Caboolture all stations trains around 60 mins. For commuter express services expect around 50 mins. Morayfield trains around 4 mins less.

The drive into the CBD out of peak hour takes about 45-50 mins. In peak hour 60 mins to 90 mins or more.

Timetables are here.