Caboolture???

Old Oct 28th 2007, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

theshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant future
Talking Caboolture???

Hi all, is anyone here living in or near Caboolture?? It looks pretty nice from looking at websites. Very good prices on houses there too, and plenty of work for tradesman. Be interested to hear from anyone with info good or bad??

Thanks!!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Caboolture???

Originally Posted by theshinenz
Hi all, is anyone here living in or near Caboolture?? It looks pretty nice from looking at websites. Very good prices on houses there too, and plenty of work for tradesman. Be interested to hear from anyone with info good or bad??

Thanks!!

caveat emptor - If an area has 'good prices' it's usually for a reason, that's not to say that an area can't turn itself around - I think Caboolture may be one of those areas. The current feeling is that it's rough. The location is sound enough and when the prices in the less desirable areas start to rise (Caboolture would fit in this catergory) the bogans head off somewhere else. If you are thinking of buying there, I would rent first - sometimes on realestate .com.au you can't get a good idea of the quality of your neighbours, even if the house looks like a bargain

mark
Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

theshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Caboolture???

Originally Posted by doub
caveat emptor - If an area has 'good prices' it's usually for a reason, that's not to say that an area can't turn itself around - I think Caboolture may be one of those areas. The current feeling is that it's rough. The location is sound enough and when the prices in the less desirable areas start to rise (Caboolture would fit in this catergory) the bogans head off somewhere else. If you are thinking of buying there, I would rent first - sometimes on realestate .com.au you can't get a good idea of the quality of your neighbours, even if the house looks like a bargain

mark
To be honest the "type" of people living there doesn't bother me unless its unsafe, in new zealand I have lived in an area that some people might say is undesirable and have never had a problem, in fact sometimes I reckon people in the area would rather go commit a crime further from home.

The thing being we want to build our dream home on a budget and are prepared to live further out of brisbane for that reason, we are comparing areas and all are probably much to same, we don't have much choice between Caboolture, Redbank Plains, Bellbird Park, Collingwood Park etc, or maybe Morayfield, which looks to have a good shopping complex.

I guess what I'm saying is although these areas are the cream of the crop which ones are relatively safe and close to public transport.

Caboolture seemed nice enough because its not too far from the coast and Bribie island with a population that makes it less difficult to find well paid work as a sparky.

Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:31 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

mark

What UTTER crap !!!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

To be honest the "type" of people living there doesn't bother me unless its unsafe, in new zealand I have lived in an area that some people might say is undesirable and have never had a problem, in fact sometimes I reckon people in the area would rather go commit a crime further from home.

The thing being we want to build our dream home on a budget and are prepared to live further out of brisbane for that reason, we are comparing areas and all are probably much to same, we don't have much choice between Caboolture, Redbank Plains, Bellbird Park, Collingwood Park etc, or maybe Morayfield, which looks to have a good shopping complex.

I guess what I'm saying is although these areas are the cream of the crop which ones are relatively safe and close to public transport.

Caboolture seemed nice enough because its not too far from the coast and Bribie island with a population that makes it less difficult to find well paid work as a sparky.

Thanks
If you're into statistics this might be of interest. From what you say, it sounds like Caboolture may well suit you.

http://www.oesr.qld.gov.au/queenslan...re-2002-03.pdf
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

mark
Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
What UTTER crap !!!
I guess it depends on what "very good prices for houses" means. What one person thinks is a good price could be a million miles away from someone elses idea.

Then there's "rough". Rough to me is the backside of Luton. Don't know Caboolture but not seen anywhere like that here so far. It's all relative.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:42 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!!
Mate, we live just down the road from Caboolture. Not a bad place to live really. Lots of industry though. Great if you are a tradie! Bit of an up and coming area really with a lot of money being spent by the council in improving things. Nice and close to the freeway and about 45 mins to Bris.

We live in Redcliffe, about 15 mins from Caboolture, MUCH nicer here though and easily commutable! There are quite a few areas around Caboolture that I would personally prefer to live in. Check out Bribie Island - bit quiet but rather nice!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

What UTTER crap !!!

If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine ... maybe try to be a little bit more constructive though
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine ... maybe try to be a little bit more constructive though

how about try ...... that's crap because .....
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:52 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Caboolture is a Great area, and the reason prices are somewhat cheaper than bayside dick heads, is cos real estate agents find it easier to sell postage stamp property to pommy idiots with the mental capacity of a cane toad.

Caboolture is cheaper, however, there are multi million dollar pads, I can show you. Its all about proximity.
Caboolture is neither Noosa or indeed Brisbane, so it stands on its own infrastructure.

A quick look at demographics and median house prices and trends, will demonstrate that the former poster, and his caveat emptor and bogan comments is both ill founded and contemtable.

I have worked in all of the areas you mention, with the exception of Collingwood Park.

If you want some information, best usually to listen to an expert, or indeed someone not living in a twee mansion-for-expansion 400 sqm home on a 410 sqm block !

How stupid does is sound when we make a generalistic statement such as that !!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:53 am
Banned

how about try ...... that's crap because .....
Should you wish for me to disect your argument I would happily oblige?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Chill boys
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Chill boys
Yes maam
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Caboolture is a Great area, and the reason prices are somewhat cheaper than bayside dick heads, is cos real estate agents find it easier to sell postage stamp property to pommy idiots with the mental capacity of a cane toad.

Caboolture is cheaper, however, there are multi million dollar pads, I can show you. Its all about proximity.
Caboolture is neither Noosa or indeed Brisbane, so it stands on its own infrastructure.

A quick look at demographics and median house prices and trends, will demonstrate that the former poster, and his caveat emptor and bogan comments is both ill founded and contemtable.

I have worked in all of the areas you mention, with the exception of Collingwood Park.

If you want some information, best usually to listen to an expert, or indeed someone not living in a twee mansion-for-expansion 400 sqm home on a 410 sqm block !

How stupid does is sound when we make a generalistic statement such as that !!

thanks TFA, what a fool i've been, your completely right! tomorrow morning my postage size property is going up for sale and i'm comin' to Caboolture! It sounds great ... maybe we could meet for a beer? oh and I need a quote on some timber floors, maybe I'll PM you

Bayside pommyidiotDickHead
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:09 am
Banned

thanks TFA, what a fool i've been, your completely right! tomorrow morning my postage size property is going up for sale and i'm comin' to Caboolture! It sounds great ... maybe we could meet for a beer? oh and I need a quote on some timber floors, maybe I'll PM you

Bayside pommyidiotDickHead

Your getting good on your assumptions !!
Now provide some real information for a poster who wanted constructive views on an area they are looking to relocate to.

I wish you luck with the sale of your property. Welly point is a beaut area, one of my faves

Please feel free to PM me anytime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.