Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cable Broadband Suppliers

Cable Broadband Suppliers

Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of
Default Cable Broadband Suppliers

Are there any other suppliers than Optus and Telstra in Melbourne?

Wanted to talk to someone local from our supplier Optus about billing query, changing to Cable, very rare intermittent connection to adsl and customer service and whether to get business account or stay with personal account.

Have tried 6 different phone numbers with horrid voice recognition system that 20 - 30 minutes later connects me to someone in India who struggles with my accent and says I can't have cable even though it's right outside the door and all the neighbours have it. They also stuff up the other queries.

In all I've spent about 3 hours on the phone and haven't even voice my query yet and my email is so irregular i can't hope to get a response I can read.

I'd love to leave them but I've heard telstra's worse. does anyone know any other suppliers? Please!!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:20 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cable Broadband Suppliers

Originally Posted by flip
Are there any other suppliers than Optus and Telstra in Melbourne?

Wanted to talk to someone local from our supplier Optus about billing query, changing to Cable, very rare intermittent connection to adsl and customer service and whether to get business account or stay with personal account.

Have tried 6 different phone numbers with horrid voice recognition system that 20 - 30 minutes later connects me to someone in India who struggles with my accent and says I can't have cable even though it's right outside the door and all the neighbours have it. They also stuff up the other queries.

In all I've spent about 3 hours on the phone and haven't even voice my query yet and my email is so irregular i can't hope to get a response I can read.

I'd love to leave them but I've heard telstra's worse. does anyone know any other suppliers? Please!!

AAPT, IPrimus, Dodo to name a few. Dodo customer service is reasonable.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:28 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flip
[B]
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/

Peter
Old Sep 14th 2007, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

vgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to all

Do Dodo AAPT etc do cable, all the searches I have tried including whirlpool only retreive Optus or Telstra if I restrict to cable providers. Can anyone send me a link to the other cable providers.