C C Debited

Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:05 pm
jackie

Exclamation C C Debited

Just to let you know c c debited today after 15 days feel one more step closer to Brissy.

Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

bleugh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C C Debited

Originally Posted by jackie
Just to let you know c c debited today after 15 days feel one more step closer to Brissy.

...........you have a loooooooong wait now till you hear about the medical requests!, mine took 7 months :scared:
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

Lucky you. I had an e-mail from Adelaide this week saying they couldn't process the cc payment and threatened to return our application unless we sorted it out within 3 days. Problem is we didn't pick up the e-mail until day 3, chased it up with Mastercard who said they automatically put a block on foreign debits for large amounts of money as a security guard, but immediately released the block - we've been checking our e-mails every few hours in panic - but no more response from Adelaide, nor debit on our card - now we're in a real stew not knowing whether our application is on it's way back to us or whether everything is okay. Oh Lordie. Sorry for the ramble - but thought others should be aware of overzeleous credit card companies.

Mhairi
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. I jsut phoned Mastercard as my payment is going through them as well. The girl on the phone said they block them to prevent fraud as you said. I had to tell her the amount (in dollars) and who it was coming from I said DIMIA or Australian Governemt but added that i couldnt be 100% as i hadnt had a pyment taken yet! LOL

She asked when approx so i said hopefully before the end of Jan. She put a note on my account and that was that!

You need to have your account number, the expiry date, know your memorable password. The number i called was on the back of my credit card.

Hope this helps others to avoid a possible problem

Lisa.x
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:35 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with your app
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

alright kid (sorry rubbish Liverpool accent there) congrats

hugs Lace x
Old Nov 26th 2005, 1:41 pm
jackie

Smile Re: C C Debited

Originally Posted by Mhairi
Lucky you. I had an e-mail from Adelaide this week saying they couldn't process the cc payment and threatened to return our application unless we sorted it out within 3 days. Problem is we didn't pick up the e-mail until day 3, chased it up with Mastercard who said they automatically put a block on foreign debits for large amounts of money as a security guard, but immediately released the block - we've been checking our e-mails every few hours in panic - but no more response from Adelaide, nor debit on our card - now we're in a real stew not knowing whether our application is on it's way back to us or whether everything is okay. Oh Lordie. Sorry for the ramble - but thought others should be aware of overzeleous credit card companies.

Mhairi
Hi , We were told by agent to inform credit card company that a certain amount of money will be coming out within the next month from Aus.

All the best
Jackie

Old Nov 26th 2005, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

Hi , We were told by agent to inform credit card company that a certain amount of money will be coming out within the next month from Aus.

All the best
Jackie
I can chill now, the acknowledgement letter has just arrived.

Now the long wait.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

mutang is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , someone mentioned 7 months was their 'long wait' , how long had other people waited?
We are 2 months into our 'long wait'......

Thanks ,
J
Old Nov 26th 2005, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

Originally Posted by mutang
Hi , someone mentioned 7 months was their 'long wait' , how long had other people waited?
We are 2 months into our 'long wait'......

Thanks ,
J
we waited 13 months but we were on old system,applied March 2004 and got med and police checks requested in April2005, bond req in June and passport stamped in July

Good luck