Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bye everyone, i'm off!

Wikiposts

Bye everyone, i'm off!

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Aghhhhhhhhh! That picture!

Let me see if I can recite that book by heart yet ...

'I am a dog, as keen as can be, is there room on that broom for a dog like me?' 'Of course, said the witch' and the cat clambered on. The witch tapped her broomstick, and "woosh" they were gone.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:05 am
WBB

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins

so the suicide bombers in iran and bagdad were just pissed off because the price of petrol has gone up?

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Tina & Co

have a great time. Keep in touch.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 4:10 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CHnJ
Aghhhhhhhhh! That picture!

Let me see if I can recite that book by heart yet ...

'I am a dog, as keen as can be, is there room on that broom for a dog like me?' 'Of course, said the witch' and the cat clambered on. The witch tapped her broomstick, and "woosh" they were gone.

had it for xmas, love that book!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by mcmercer
had it for xmas, love that book!
I loved it the first 175 times ... unfortunately the littlun still does.

I prefer Wobble Bear though "Early in the morning, he goes to Mummy's room, tries Mummy's shoes on boom Boom BOOM Far too early, Mum yawns, go back to bed! Wobble Bear walks on his daddy instead."

Still don't hate it at the 180th reading : )
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:48 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Must look out for that one! I can act out the lazy mummy really well
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Barbara 2003
Good luck!
It will all go fine.
The kids will settle.
You'll get a good job.
Buy a big house.
and come back on here and tell us all how easy it is!
Keep yer positive hat on, and when that slips off have a beer!
My personal mantra at times of stress is simply "Oh F**K IT!".
You can use it if you like!

Good posting, will keep this in mind when feeling really pis..d off!!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 6:36 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bye everyone, i'm off!

Originally posted by tinaj
Well this is the last day I will have proper internet access so I will say goodbye for now. We leave in 3 days.

I must say I have felt fine up to now, but yesterday what with the plane at Washington DC ( we are flying there!), terrorist threats and watching that Down Under programme last night I am now a nervous wreck:scared: I hope my Son doesn't want to leave us like he did

Anyway you lot always keep me going. Thanks for the well wishes in advance and I will post an update ASAP.

Tina,

I hope you all have a fab holiday and then a smooth transition into Australian life in Queensland. Good luck and have a safe trip.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck Tina & family

Talk to you soon my dear !!

footie chick
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Go for it Tina (and family!) - you'll be fine! just ignore the panicking Americans - its just normal pre-migration jitters that you are suffering from. I'm sure even your own version of "Kevin the Teenager" will be fine.
Looking forward to hearing all about the America trip; what drink shall I get on ice for you....?

Good luck, bon voyage and see you in 3 weeks!
Love
Pollyana and the Bloke!

P S Keep your eyes open for any lost boxes labelled "Brisbane", or any unclaimed furry pink chairs........ Theres some strange things out there.....
Hi pollyana,

have just got my kids this book for xmas - " room on a broom " - Highly recommended!!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Tina and family on your aussie adventure.

All the best,
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

"room on a broom"
Agreed Leigh, its a brilliant book - and the picture was soooo apt!
My 3 year-old niece keeps pointing at it and asking if its me!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

sashadan is an unknown quantity at this point

have a nice trip and new life

sahadan
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:17 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck, T - don't forget the update...
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:18 pm
Carol in Oz

Wishing you a safe and uneventful flight! Sure all will be well. Enjoy life in Aus. It will be what you make it!
Carol in Oz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.