Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bye Bye Decent Shopping - Amazon to block Australian customers

Bye Bye Decent Shopping - Amazon to block Australian customers

Old Jun 7th 2018, 11:18 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye Bye Decent Shopping - Amazon to block Australian customers

Originally Posted by Pollyana
So currently all books, dvds, and cds are shippable from UK Amazon to Aus. Lets see if that remains the case in 4 weeks time........
And what the is the answer tor the issue of people in Aus wanting to to use the UK site to get goods delivered to UK residents as gifts.....because the stuff I want to buy as gifts doesn't appear on Amazon Aus, even without thinking of the horrific shipping cost.
I'm sure you'll be still able to do that
Old Jun 8th 2018, 12:05 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

So currently all books, dvds, and cds are shippable from UK Amazon to Aus. Lets see if that remains the case in 4 weeks time........
And what the is the answer tor the issue of people in Aus wanting to to use the UK site to get goods delivered to UK residents as gifts.....because the stuff I want to buy as gifts doesn't appear on Amazon Aus, even without thinking of the horrific shipping cost.
I had an email from Amazon.co.uk yesterday - we'll still be able to access the UK site and send items to addresses within the UK, so it's all good
Old Jun 8th 2018, 1:56 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Just to point out that what I passed on was that delivery to Australian addresses would be the determining factor. So eBooks, since they are virtual, would be OK. However physical DVDs wouldn't.

That would apply as much to Australians trying to get things shipped here, as it would to your rellies trying to get gifts delivered direct.

However, the thing I'm not totally sure on, but think ends up differently, is gifts to you from the UK. Since it's a GST not a duty, I think it might only be due when a company sends you something. In theory a person to person gift should be OK. Time will tell.

For the little they will get from this, I just wished they had taxed Gina properly. Gerry Harvey needs to get strung up for this.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 2:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I had an email from Amazon.co.uk yesterday - we'll still be able to access the UK site and send items to addresses within the UK, so it's all good
excellent, thanks!!
Old Jun 8th 2018, 11:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

I just wished they had taxed Gina properly. Gerry Harvey needs to get strung up for this.
Last two words are superfluous.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 12:05 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Last two words are superfluous.
Amongst other things?

The amount of money is ridiculous, there is no way they should do this to make up for the failed business models of the likes of Harvey. $300m is chickenfeed, but the hassle is real.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 12:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Amongst other things?

The amount of money is ridiculous, there is no way they should do this to make up for the failed business models of the likes of Harvey. $300m is chickenfeed, but the hassle is real.
How do the likes of Harvey and Smith have this sort of power? It's outrageous.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

So, a bunch of people winging that they can't help prop up a company that is regarded as the most immoral in the world.

If ever we needed to understand how civilians around Belson were able to carry on, this thread displays it - "Incan save a few dollars and happily ignore everything it does"
Old Jun 8th 2018, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
So, a bunch of people winging that they can't help prop up a company that is regarded as the most immoral in the world.

If ever we needed to understand how civilians around Belson were able to carry on, this thread displays it - "Incan save a few dollars and happily ignore everything it does"
Could I just clarify that you are equating the people participating in this thread to Bergen-Belsen Nazis?
Old Jun 8th 2018, 10:01 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Will I get banned if I call him a wanker?
Oh well, I'm on holiday for three weeks anyway..
Old Jun 8th 2018, 10:43 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

That statement would be offensive if it wasn't so ridiculous.
Actually, it's offensive AND ridiculous.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 10:45 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Have a brilliant time Dreamy!
Old Jun 8th 2018, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

So you don't buy anything in case it "props up" a company. One that provides for half a million.

Wow. Oh well your loss in life.

Admins. Please have the paste URL image fixed ........ it's been a while now. Not too hard if you gave me access to the code.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 2:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno, but it appears he is one.
I had a lot of respect for his views before I read that offensive comment.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 12:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Beoz
So you don't buy anything in case it "props up" a company. One that provides for half a million.

Wow. Oh well your loss in life.

Admins. Please have the paste URL image fixed ........ it's been a while now. Not too hard if you gave me access to the code.
I thought it had been but I think it may be dependent on what set up you have especially if using Win 8/Edge. If it hasn't then we're told it's definitely being worked on.

Edit: Things may now be ok with Edge. Still issues with Win 8.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jun 9th 2018 at 1:22 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.