Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying and running a campsite

Buying and running a campsite

Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:44 am
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice
Default Buying and running a campsite

We're making final preps for our arrival to Melbourne next month and as a software developer no doubt I will continue this line of work in Aus but I've always fancied running my own campsite after backpacking extensively round Aus on two separate occasions in my yoof. I reckon if I give myself a couple of years to settle down, continue to do what I do now whilst doing some research into this idea I might just be able to make this career change and be my own boss. Does this sound like a crazy idea ? Anyone have any insight into this type of business ?
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying and running a campsite

No insight but it sounds a great idea.
The campsite owner at the place we've just visited had a nice Landcruiser so it can't be all bad.

Good luck
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:13 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ectomorph
We're making final preps for our arrival to Melbourne next month and as a software developer no doubt I will continue this line of work in Aus but I've always fancied running my own campsite after backpacking extensively round Aus on two separate occasions in my yoof. I reckon if I give myself a couple of years to settle down, continue to do what I do now whilst doing some research into this idea I might just be able to make this career change and be my own boss. Does this sound like a crazy idea ? Anyone have any insight into this type of business ?
We wanted to do something like this too
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:23 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

The Aussies love camping.If you find a nice spot I recon you could make a bob or 2..Good luck with it..
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

I've got just the site for you.

Mid North coast just 15 mins from Taree

beautiful 55 acres, semi rural property with lush pastures and a luxury 4 bedroom resort style house. Huge pool, tropical gardens and large shed. The property also has a navigable creek along one boundary leading to the Manning river system.

I understand the vendor is very very motivated.

To contact the vendor just start a thread called "anyone living in Taree"

WW
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:20 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Only experience is clearing the dunny drains

Great way to clear the movie theatre
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Hi

This is exactly what my husband wants to do but in queensland. He figures if he works in his current line of work for a few years we will be able to save and see what we can do. Have looked at sites for sale on the net and some of them are very expensive so will have to wait and see. And no its not a crazy idea at all.

Tracey & co
Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:51 pm
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice

Thanks for all those encouraging replies ! So its not such a hair brained idea after all. Time for some serious consideration. I googled for some sites, found a few and all in excess of $2 mil, so serious investment required but wheres theres a will theres a way, this site is testament to this fact.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:56 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
I've got just the site for you.

Mid North coast just 15 mins from Taree

beautiful 55 acres, semi rural property with lush pastures and a luxury 4 bedroom resort style house. Huge pool, tropical gardens and large shed. The property also has a navigable creek along one boundary leading to the Manning river system.

I understand the vendor is very very motivated.

To contact the vendor just start a thread called "anyone living in Taree"

WW
and i have a feeling the words "bite your hands off" will be the best way of describing the enthusiasm level!