Buying Process

Old Aug 25th 2011, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold
Default Buying Process

Debs hubby:

We are buying our first house very soon, and we have been approved in principal. Is this the normal way about going house hunting/purchasing here?
Or do we just find a house we like put in a offer then go for finances later?
We are speaking with a local broker in the next couple of days anyway, but just thought i would ask here if any have just been through the process or know of the route to be taken.
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying Process

Yes, it's normal to speak to the bank or broker first, to get approval in principle, I vaguely remember getting a letter or form from the bank, but that was a while ago and I don't know if they do that now. The whole buying process can be very quick here and it can be hard to stop an offer once it's been accepted, so be careful. Have "fun" house hunting.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Yes, it's normal to speak to the bank or broker first, to get approval in principle, I vaguely remember getting a letter or form from the bank, but that was a while ago and I don't know if they do that now. The whole buying process can be very quick here and it can be hard to stop an offer once it's been accepted, so be careful. Have "fun" house hunting.
Do not sign until you are certain.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Helen, whats certain mean irishbloo
Old Aug 25th 2011, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deb68
Thanks Helen, whats certain mean irishbloo
Once you put in the offer and you sign and they accept your offer you will find it very hard to back out if you change your mind.Make sure you read the small print.Good luck.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks again, does that also apply to the seller if they get a better offer after your initial accepted one?
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks again, does that also apply to the seller if they get a better offer after your initial accepted one?
I think they are legally obliged but Im happy to stand corrected.We have only bought once here.Selling houses is expensive here so make sure the house you buy is as close to what you are looking for.Where are you thinking?
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

yes, you make an offer by signing an actual contract of sale. They accept the offer by signing the contact. If they accept it is all over except for a short cooling off period (maybe buyer only ??)....each state can differ but I'm sure you'll confirm this stuff locally.

Last edited by fish.01; Aug 25th 2011 at 1:14 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great advice as always from this site, thanks guys.

We are looking at either tapping/carramar/sinagra or Joondalup area now, i prefer the older type of houses (bricks and mortar) where deb and the girls like the newish lego blocks
I want it to be a house where i can put my DIY skills to good use
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

We are looking at either tapping/carramar/sinagra or Joondalup area now, i prefer the older type of houses (bricks and mortar) where deb and the girls like the newish lego blocks
Ha,thats one of the reasons I said be certain.We bought an older style 5 years ago and are still doing it up.In fact today we looked at each other as we were tackling the backyard and wondered if we should knock it all down and build two.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:24 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
yes, you make an offer by signing an actual contract of sale. They accept the offer by signing the contact. If they accept it is all over except for a short cooling off period (maybe buyer only ??)....each state can differ but I'm sure you'll confirm this stuff locally.
No cooling off period in WA I believe.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:26 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

What is your price range.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

We got the rest of our lives to dig gardens and cut grass
Thanks Northernbird
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

As the saying goes: the 3 most important things to remember in real estate:
  1. location
  2. location
  3. location

Those first 3 suburbs you listed.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

What does mean in response to the reply i gave please?
Around $550000 Northernbird why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.