Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

buying a new house

buying a new house

Old Jun 14th 2008, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all
Default buying a new house

Does anybody have experience of buying a new house in Perth? My wife wants to buy a new 4 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms, double garage and a swimming pool in Port Kennedy Secret Harbour or Ocean Reef and she thinks it would only cost $360. I'm not convined! If it's true I doubt it would include a great deal!
Old Jun 15th 2008, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying a new house

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
Does anybody have experience of buying a new house in Perth? My wife wants to buy a new 4 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms, double garage and a swimming pool in Port Kennedy Secret Harbour or Ocean Reef and she thinks it would only cost $360. I'm not convined! If it's true I doubt it would include a great deal!
Your repayments depend on how much you borrow.M E bank has a lot of calculators ,explainations etc on their site.Borrowing 300K works out around $580 per week

M E bank is the bank run by the super funds ,you would need to be a member of a qualifying super fund.

www.membersequitybank.com.au
Old Jun 15th 2008, 3:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nice

Try www.realestate.com.au to get an idea of house prices - you will be surprised to find nothing in Ocean Reef that comes close to your $360k ! however go a suburb inland and you will. Don't know about Secret Harbour or Port Kennedy as it's outside the area I was looking at.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Thanks for your comments but have you experience of buying a new house ie having it purposely built within 30 weeks for you?
Geordie Down Under where are you from, I live in Heaton, Newcastle