Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying new car fomr dealer - How long does it take?

Buying new car fomr dealer - How long does it take?

Old Aug 31st 2006, 11:11 am
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice
Default Re: Buying new car fomr dealer - How long does it take?

Originally Posted by sassie
It depends on what sort of spec you want. do you want metallic paint, tinted windows, paint protection, rust proofing, what colour, etc, etc. It would probaly be unlikely that they would have exacatly what you want on the forecourt. I ordered a new Yaris a couple of months ago, and it took about 6 weeks to come in.
6 weeks!! - you were lucky. I have customers who have had to wait up to 3 months for a Yaris as they are very popular.

As long as you are flexible on colours, model, specs and options then you could get one very quickly. A demo you could get within a couple of hours. I can only speak for Toyotas but if you want a Yaris quickly then forget it. Even if they have a demo on the fleet they may not want to sell it as that car will net them lots of deals. Also there won't be a lot of saving on a demo of a popular model for this very reason. It is only worth it if the dealer will make a profit out of selling it - which a lot of people forget is why a dealer is in business, to make a profit. Corollas are easy to get hold of (best selling car in Australia) and at the moment New Camry is readily available as dealers still have their initial allocations but this will change soon. RAV4 is ok depending on what spec you want. There are plenty of Prados and Landcruisers around if you want to go that way.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MisterTwo
6 weeks!! - you were lucky. I have customers who have had to wait up to 3 months for a Yaris as they are very popular.

As long as you are flexible on colours, model, specs and options then you could get one very quickly. A demo you could get within a couple of hours. I can only speak for Toyotas but if you want a Yaris quickly then forget it. Even if they have a demo on the fleet they may not want to sell it as that car will net them lots of deals. Also there won't be a lot of saving on a demo of a popular model for this very reason. It is only worth it if the dealer will make a profit out of selling it - which a lot of people forget is why a dealer is in business, to make a profit. Corollas are easy to get hold of (best selling car in Australia) and at the moment New Camry is readily available as dealers still have their initial allocations but this will change soon. RAV4 is ok depending on what spec you want. There are plenty of Prados and Landcruisers around if you want to go that way.
What's the deal with used car prices in Oz?

I can't bring myself to forking out for a used $20K car with 20K kilometers on the clock when I could have the same model but brand new for $1K more!!!!

PG
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

CreditCardKing will become famous soon enough

Use this company to get a quote, I use them every time I want a new car and they are usually much cheaper than what a dealer quotes. All they do is negotiate a price on your behalf and put you in touch with the dealer and because they buy thousands of cars each year they get a cheaper price.

www.carbroker.com.au
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CreditCardKing
Use this company to get a quote, I use them every time I want a new car and they are usually much cheaper than what a dealer quotes. All they do is negotiate a price on your behalf and put you in touch with the dealer and because they buy thousands of cars each year they get a cheaper price.

www.carbroker.com.au
Thanks CCK....will give them a go.

PG