Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying new builds ?

Buying new builds ?

Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:47 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buying new builds ?

We will hopefully be in Perth in the next 8 months. I have been researching into the property market, and suburbs around Perth for the last 2 1/2 years.

I have also been looking into buying a new build, whether it is off plan or ready to move into. I have looked at a couple of companies and the prices seem reasonable, and you can buy a 4 x 2 house for as Little as £60k (without land) and a 3 x 2 for £109k with land.

Anyone else got any experience/advice or just opinions on doing the above?

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Sep 19th 2005 at 2:56 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buying new builds ?

Always and I repeat ALWAYS visit the site prior to handing over a single penny / dime / cent.**

**Unless of course you are exceedingly rich and can afford otherwise.

Three Legs

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
We will hopefully be in Perth in the next 8 months. I have been researching into the property market, and suburbs around Perth for the last 2 1/2 years.

I have also been looking into buying a new build, whether it is off plan or ready to move into. I have looked at a couple of companies and the prices seem reasonable, and you can buy a 4 x 2 house for as Little as £60k (without land) and a 3 x 2 for £109k with land.

Anyone else got any experience/advice or just opinions on doing the above.

Also, if you know of the area, do you think it is OK to buy before you view, if you have already seen brochures, Floor plans etc, or is this too much of a leap? :scared:
Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Anyone else got any experience/advice or just opinions on doing the above.

Also, if you know of the area, do you think it is OK to buy before you view, if you have already seen brochures, Floor plans etc, or is this too much of a leap? :scared:
hiya tiawamutu

Be very careful buying off the plan in WA at the moment! I can't speak for the other states, but here its a bit of a nightmare at the moment as there is a severe shortage of tradies and a phenomenal amount of building going on. My aussie mate has been trying to get to Pre-start on her new home since JANUARY of this year....she was delighted to see that they'd put a TAP on her block at the end of last week...only to find it stolen 2 days later!! Anyway, they have finally put her concrete pad down (the foundation bit basically)..but have told her it could be another 6 MONTHS before they can get any brickies to actually build the house!! :scared: On the plus side, once they do start they really crack on with it as they try to get it to lock-up stage within (I think 16 weeks).

IF you want new, I would consider the ones already built!!! LOL!!!

love sophia xxx
Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:55 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Always and I repeat ALWAYS visit the site prior to handing over a single penny / dime / cent.**

**Unless of course you are exceedingly rich and can afford otherwise.

Three Legs
Silly me...I am just being impatient...and no have not got plenty of money, so I should know better.

P.S If anyone is wondering what 2 legs is on about I edited my post as I asked the silliest of silly questions about buying without seeing first DOH! Silly me!

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Sep 19th 2005 at 3:02 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by sophia
hiya tiawamutu

Be very careful buying off the plan in WA at the moment! I can't speak for the other states, but here its a bit of a nightmare at the moment as there is a severe shortage of tradies and a phenomenal amount of building going on. My aussie mate has been trying to get to Pre-start on her new home since JANUARY of this year....she was delighted to see that they'd put a TAP on her block at the end of last week...only to find it stolen 2 days later!! Anyway, they have finally put her concrete pad down (the foundation bit basically)..but have told her it could be another 6 MONTHS before they can get any brickies to actually build the house!! :scared: On the plus side, once they do start they really crack on with it as they try to get it to lock-up stage within (I think 16 weeks).

IF you want new, I would consider the ones already built!!! LOL!!!

love sophia xxx
Thanks for the advice wonder...I mean Sophia
Old Sep 19th 2005, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

You missed my ... *ahem* ... *coughs* ... *whistles* ... Third Leg

Silly me...I am just be impatient...and no have not got plenty of money, so I should know better.

P.S If anyone is wondering what 2 legs is on about I edited my post as I asked the silliest of silly questions about buying without seeing first DOH! Silly me!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Three Legs
You missed my ... *ahem* ... *coughs* ... *whistles* ... Third Leg
Don't really want to see your '3rd leg' thanks!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 3:05 pm

Silly me...I am just being impatient...and no have not got plenty of money, so I should know better.

LOL!!! Just realised I said '2 legs' PMSL
Old Sep 19th 2005, 3:16 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't really want to see your '3rd leg' thanks!

Old Sep 19th 2005, 3:36 pm

Anyone else any advice?
Old Sep 19th 2005, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else any advice?
Hi , we r 2 hours south of Perth, we bought our land in JANUARY for 90,000,
to buy it now would be 140,000, they have gone up so much,
We are building, started in April, they are on with the roof, we are hoping to be in for xmas, but they cant promise anything
I hear they are saying 18months now to build, because of the shortage of tradesman.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 7:36 pm

Bump
Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:32 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

The start price of $60,00 may be more like over $100k by the time they have finished, the base price is well the basic you can get, no decent ligt fixtured, no garden done, no fencing, sand pit for a back garden, the list is endless, shower curtains instead of screens etc

We looked into it and decided it was more cost effective purchasing a relativerly new building which had the owners finishing off all the jobs.

It worked out better for us, as I couldn't have built for the cost I paid in the end. Had a pool in for a start and huge alfresco area which cost over 10K plus pool another 20k and we have bought well, the land by me is now 140k for the plot, at least another 100 to build a house plus all the extras.

Jenny