Reload this Page >

Buying a motorbike in WA.

Buying a motorbike in WA.

Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:18 am
Canary who flew the nest

NCFC is on a distinguished road
Default Buying a motorbike in WA.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any handy websites or any info on where i can look for a good cheap bike to buy for my wife to learn on in the Bunbury area of WA?

I have had my licence for a while and the missus has finally agreed to start learning and try to get her bike licence. So it would be good to get her a small bike, find a bit of wasteland (plenty about) and teach her the basics before having a few proper lessons then her test.

Also does anyone know if a licence gained over here would be recognised back in the UK? I'm guessing it would just like UK stuff is recognised over here.

Many thanks,

John
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:09 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a motorbike in WA.

Originally Posted by NCFC
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any handy websites or any info on where i can look for a good cheap bike to buy for my wife to learn on in the Bunbury area of WA?

I have had my licence for a while and the missus has finally agreed to start learning and try to get her bike licence. So it would be good to get her a small bike, find a bit of wasteland (plenty about) and teach her the basics before having a few proper lessons then her test.

Also does anyone know if a licence gained over here would be recognised back in the UK? I'm guessing it would just like UK stuff is recognised over here.

Many thanks,

John
www.bikesales.com.au
http://www.streetsofperth.com.au/per...il_repairs.htm
www.bunburycitymotorcycles.com.au

www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/lic_motorcycle4.pdf
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/...ycletheory.pdf

Last edited by The Bloke; Oct 5th 2008 at 12:15 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

denkar101 is on a distinguished road

Try the Quokka either online or buy the paper.
Heaps of bargains in there.
Cheers,
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:10 pm
Canary who flew the nest

NCFC is on a distinguished road

Cheers guys, both posts are really helpful and the missus is still very keen. So all systems are go and with a bit of luck she will be a learner very soon.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

These guys have a 'For Sale' area on their forums:

www.perthstreetbikes.com

Very friendly bunch.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:59 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NCFC
Hi everyone,

Many thanks,

John
I have a year old kawasaki er6f for sale 7500 klms,good first bike after passing test