Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying land and new builds Adelaide

Buying land and new builds Adelaide

Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough
Default Buying land and new builds Adelaide

Can anyone give me some links of companies that build house and have plans, prices etc? In South Australia?
We are interested to know all the pitfalls and the real cost of building on your own land any info appreciated.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:23 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Buying land and new builds Adelaide

look on realestate.com.au
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

Hi, thanks for quick response, having spent alot of time on that site, still find I would like further links etc, if poss
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

doje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, we are hoping also to buy land and build our own home. Have you decided whether to build your own home or get a house land package? We are wanting to buy in Seaford and have registered with land sa who are the developers there. You could also look at devine builders or av jennings who also have land. The other option is is buy a old house and demolish.

donna
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:11 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomgrrl
Can anyone give me some links of companies that build house and have plans, prices etc? In South Australia?
We are interested to know all the pitfalls and the real cost of building on your own land any info appreciated.
Hi Pomgirl ive sorta asked a simlar question yesterday heres my link
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512659

Hope it helps x
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look around this site, will give you names of some builders in SA

http://www.battleofthebuilders.com.a...6/Default.aspx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doje6863
Hi, we are hoping also to buy land and build our own home. Have you decided whether to build your own home or get a house land package? We are wanting to buy in Seaford and have registered with land sa who are the developers there. You could also look at devine builders or av jennings who also have land. The other option is is buy a old house and demolish.

donna
Hi Donna, not sure yet just looking at our options

Originally Posted by Racht70
Hi Pomgirl ive sorta asked a simlar question yesterday heres my link
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512659

Hope it helps x
Thanks will take a look.

Originally Posted by Wendy
Take a look around this site, will give you names of some builders in SA

http://www.battleofthebuilders.com.a...6/Default.aspx
Thank you Wendy, as helpful as ever
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:12 am
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

When searching for stuff in Australia I use www.google.com.au this brings up the Australian google search engine so you can search pages from Australia. This might help.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:14 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

here u go found this for u hun x

http://www.adelaidebound.com/building.html

long list of building companies
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

cheers
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

We bought land and then got a builder for the house. Be warned that the price you see in the brochures and showhomes are very different to the final price. We knew this before we started looking but it does suprise you what they consider as standard and extras.

We bought our land through Land SA (never again though) and are using Oakford Builders for the house.

Be prepared for a long wait as well. We signed for our land in Jan 2007 and were hoping to be in by November 2007, however due to problems and delays by Land SA we finally settled on the land in Oct 2007. Again due to problems with the land we have only just started building and at long last we have a slab.

If you want to read the full story then check out our blog, click below on the link.

We do know that once the house if finished we will have a fantastic home that we designed. It's just all the problems we've had getting there. Also the main reason we built was that we couldn't find a house that ticked all of our boxes.

Good luck with the search and I hope I haven't put you off.

Graham
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gravyman
We bought land and then got a builder for the house. Be warned that the price you see in the brochures and showhomes are very different to the final price. We knew this before we started looking but it does suprise you what they consider as standard and extras.

We bought our land through Land SA (never again though) and are using Oakford Builders for the house.

Be prepared for a long wait as well. We signed for our land in Jan 2007 and were hoping to be in by November 2007, however due to problems and delays by Land SA we finally settled on the land in Oct 2007. Again due to problems with the land we have only just started building and at long last we have a slab.

If you want to read the full story then check out our blog, click below on the link.

We do know that once the house if finished we will have a fantastic home that we designed. It's just all the problems we've had getting there. Also the main reason we built was that we couldn't find a house that ticked all of our boxes.

Good luck with the search and I hope I haven't put you off.

Graham
great blog