Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying a house in Perth? Knock 30% Off!

Buying a house in Perth? Knock 30% Off!

Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:52 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a house in Perth? Knock 30% Off!

Originally Posted by Bibbs
So are you complaining that houses can't be bought outright?
When were they ever like that for the average person?

(and what do you mean rent is unaffordable?)
Pretty much, yes. There is no reason AT ALL why the average house should not be within a few short years of saving the average wage to buy outright, or certainly 75% or so of it. Sadly, this would be very harmful to the parasitical banking (giant sucking squid on the face of humanity, etc) industry. When were they ever like that for the average person? My father was never a high earner and his first house cost two times his annual salary. He could have saved to buy it outright in a a few short years. That was only one generation ago. On my wage I would have to save for around 15 or 20 years to buy a place outright, but thanks to out insane HPI by the time I got there they would have risen even further out of my reach.

I was referring to UK rent, just to get that out the way.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Zen10
My father was never a high earner and his first house cost two times his annual salary. He could have saved to buy it outright in a a few short years.
So rampant inflation then. That could be on the cards, but then at 6% it feels like it's already here compared to the UK.

The place I've just bought is under x3 our annual income.

I was referring to UK rent, just to get that out the way.
Last time i rented (about 5 years ago) it seemed you needed about 500 quid per bedroom per month. I could imagine that would be hard on one low income for a family.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 4:01 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

So rampant inflation then. That could be on the cards, but then at 6% it feels like it's already here compared to the UK.

The place I've just bought is under x3 our annual income.

Last time i rented (about 5 years ago) it seemed you needed about 500 quid per bedroom per month. I could imagine that would be hard on one low income for a family.
My last rental in England was £1000 per month for one bedroom and no outside space and a kitchen in a converted bedroom. No, inflation was caused by allowing people to borrow money so easily so they could "afford" to buy houses beyond their means.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

My last rental in England was £1000 per month for one bedroom and no outside space and a kitchen in a converted bedroom.
Big city prices?

My last proper rental was a 4 bed with a big pool in Reading. Was about 1500-2000 a month if I remember right.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 4:10 am
Banned

Big city prices?

My last proper rental was a 4 bed with a big pool in Reading. Was about 1500-2000 a month if I remember right.
Small southern city prices. Nice area though. I think if more than 2/3 of a salary is required for a roof, things are going to end bad.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

I think if more than 2/3 of a salary is required for a roof, things are going to end bad.
Id agree, but I'd say over 1/3 and it's going to end bad.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 4:58 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
Interesting piece on the Iron Ore Bubble on the hedge this morning...

it's worth a read just for the appalling comments posted about Gina Reinhard

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-...inehart-bubble
Yeah Renth but would ya?
Old Sep 6th 2012, 5:04 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ballys
Yeah Renth but would ya?
If I could get some of her millions then yes.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 5:34 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
If I could get some of her millions then yes.
But fat ones are more fun...........................till your mates find out
Old Sep 6th 2012, 6:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ballys
Yeah Renth but would ya?
Old Sep 7th 2012, 11:35 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

iron ore down
coal down
job losses
major projects are stalled.

Dont forget $40b of chevron projects... the modules arent built in Australia....

I hope new house market drops...the trades people have to cut their rates..its not normal to have trades punching above their financial weight in society and setting a inflated rate....
Old Sep 7th 2012, 2:05 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Just wondered if you can haggle with the builders, I see a lot of new builds on the housing sites and just wondered if you offered say $30 to 40k below a house costing say $450k would they accept it, or haggle?
Old Sep 7th 2012, 4:30 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Lot 4 Bologna Gardens, Aubin Grove, WA 6164 this is a newly built house awaiting a buyer. Would the builder consider reducing the price, or are they not flexible? Cheers.

I like the look of this house, looks great. The link hasn't worked, lol

Last edited by Pit Bull.; Sep 7th 2012 at 6:15 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kalenge
Yep, it's the usual green envy monsters that lurk about whenever there's the slightest hint of a bit of uncertainty in the economy. They don't like anyone else to have what they can't have.
I bought in Perth 10 years ago (almost 3:1 exchange rate too!) since then prices have done nothing despite being in the middle of the 'mother of all booms'. Any sniff of a slowdown will bring this house of cards tumbling down.

Whatever way you look at it, you know when something is overpriced and unsustainable. It's common sense, not jealousy. People are struggling to keep up with the Joneses here and it's coming apparent.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm long of cock and short on hair

burp
Yep, we all guessed you'd be long on cock! Rumour has it, you love the stuff and can't get enough cock!

Last edited by pomtastic; Sep 8th 2012 at 6:56 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.