Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying a house in Perth? Knock 30% Off!

Buying a house in Perth? Knock 30% Off!

Old Sep 6th 2012, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Buying a house in Perth? Knock 30% Off!

Originally Posted by renth
It will be great to be able to afford to go out to eat at a restaurant again, or go to a pub and have a few pints. Bring it on!
The main issue I have with eating out at the expensive restruants is having to book so far in advance to make sure i get a table!
Old Sep 6th 2012, 12:15 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
what a millstone around my neck that's losing money every day, yep could really do with one of those
Why does it have to be a millstone?

Just because banks will lend people more than they can comfortably afford certainly doesn't mean that it's a good idea. A case of living within your means, but perhaps that goes against the grain of today's "have it all" society.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 12:20 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kalenge
Why does it have to be a millstone?

Just because banks will lend people more than they can comfortably afford certainly doesn't mean that it's a good idea. A case of living within your means, but perhaps that goes against the grain of today's "have it all" society.
When all houses are unaffordable, and rent is unaffordable, how is it possible to live in one's means?
Old Sep 6th 2012, 2:26 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting piece on the Iron Ore Bubble on the hedge this morning...

it's worth a read just for the appalling comments posted about Gina Reinhard

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-...inehart-bubble
Old Sep 6th 2012, 2:28 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Uh-oh - Marc Faber's on the case! Those comments are great...

The kind one has to roll in flour....
Old Sep 6th 2012, 2:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

This guy may be right (I'll leave that for others to decide) but I've said it before and I'll say it again, that's a nut f**ker website.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Iron ore is her #1 mine, she also owns the peanut butter M&M mine in Western Queensland. That mine is hurting as well as she is eating nearly 40% of its production

Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

She cannae even say Qatar properly.

Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bingobob777
She cannae even say Qatar properly.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B3CcxRbFi...layer_embedded
Cut the wages of the poorest.

Last edited by Zen10; Sep 6th 2012 at 3:27 am.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Zen10
When all houses are unaffordable, and rent is unaffordable, how is it possible to live in one's means?
But neither are.

My rental is about 15% of our houshold income.
Our mortgage will be about 17%.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bibbs
But neither are.

If you need a mortgage you can't afford to buy, only to borrow, so the house is unaffordable. What is affordable is the debt.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

If you need a mortgage you can't afford to buy, only to borrow, so the house is unaffordable. What is affordable is the debt.
So you are saying 'houses are unaffordable', when you mean 'I don't have enough money to pay for a house outright'?

Where in the civilised world *isn't* like that?

And what about rents? How do you rent something outright?

It's affordable, and a damn sight more so than other places. I'd suggest only Canada and the US would be cheaper. But then I'm not sure I wanna live there.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:45 am
Banned

So you are saying 'houses are unaffordable', when you mean 'I don't have enough money to pay for a house outright'?

Where in the civilised world *isn't* like that?

And what about rents? How do you rent something outright?

It's affordable, and a damn sight more so than other places. I'd suggest only Canada and the US would be cheaper. But then I'm not sure I wanna live there.
The debt is affordable, the asset is not, because you have to take on $1 million of debt to secure a $500k asset, for a random example. If the asset was affordable, like it is in certain parts of North America, then it is possible to save up front and purchase the asset outright. If debt is required, then it is not affordable, obviously. If you want an ice cream but I have to lend you $5 to buy one, then you can't afford it.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

The debt is affordable, the asset is not, because you have to take on $1 million of debt to secure a $500k asset, for a random example. If the asset was affordable, like it is in certain parts of North America, then it is possible to save up front and purchase the asset outright. If debt is required, then it is not affordable, obviously. If you want an ice cream but I have to lend you $5 to buy one, then you can't afford it.
So are you complaining that houses can't be bought outright?
When were they ever like that for the average person?

(and what do you mean rent is unaffordable?)
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:51 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

But neither are.

Bibbs, some good news. Your rent and mortgage are about to become even more affordable.

PS lend us a tenner!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.