Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

buying a house Adelaide

buying a house Adelaide

Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

mpk200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default buying a house Adelaide

We are moving to Adelaide at the end of the November.This all depends on when we exchange contracts and complete on the house sale.Its been a nightmare as we cannot give firm dates.Our solicitor is hoping to complete on the 23rd Nov.

I'm in the process of trying to find a short term rental in one of the caravan parks for 5 weeks .But as you can imagine its A very busy time so i can only secure a lodge at Brighton Caravan park but only up to the 30th December.

My question is if i found a house in the first week on arriving could we buy and be in before Xmas?How long does the house buying process take?
We are cash buyers so no mortgage.We know the areas we like (Flagstaff hills,Belair,Blackwood)

Would this be possible has anybody done it?
Or anybody know of a short term furnished rental for 5 weeks?

Thanks

Mpk200
Old Oct 24th 2006, 7:29 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying a house Adelaide

Originally Posted by mpk200
We are moving to Adelaide at the end of the November.This all depends on when we exchange contracts and complete on the house sale.Its been a nightmare as we cannot give firm dates.Our solicitor is hoping to complete on the 23rd Nov.

I'm in the process of trying to find a short term rental in one of the caravan parks for 5 weeks .But as you can imagine its A very busy time so i can only secure a lodge at Brighton Caravan park but only up to the 30th December.

My question is if i found a house in the first week on arriving could we buy and be in before Xmas?How long does the house buying process take?
We are cash buyers so no mortgage.We know the areas we like (Flagstaff hills,Belair,Blackwood)

Would this be possible has anybody done it?
Or anybody know of a short term furnished rental for 5 weeks?

Thanks

Mpk200
We have not done it, but friends of ours in Adelaide her brother bought a house and moved in 2 weeks later!! I know it is alot quicker than here, but think it still depends on things like chains etc etc