Buying a house

Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:44 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road
Default Buying a house

Hi all, quick question i hope someone can help me with.

I was under the impression that when i arrive in Perth i will be able to buy a house straight away.
A brother in law living there has told me that i am not allowed to.
I have the 136 skilled independent visa.

Anyone able to help?? thanks
Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a house

As far as I am aware as a PR you can buy what you like when you like.

As a temp resident you have restrictions on what you can buy and you have to get approval to buy it.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 7:03 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tucs

I was under the impression that when i arrive in Perth i will be able to buy a house straight away.

Hi
We were offered a mortgage as soon as we opened our bank account. We are also here on a 136.
Regards
Sarah
Old Jul 11th 2006, 7:05 am
Tiny Member

Thanks girls.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

We bought a house within 3 months of being here. Hubby had not even started working yet, but we got a mortgage by showing a job offer and a reference confirming he had done the job before.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Cuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rossfive5
We bought a house within 3 months of being here. Hubby had not even started working yet, but we got a mortgage by showing a job offer and a reference confirming he had done the job before.
Do you have to put a deposit down on a house or can you get 100% mortgages ?
Old Jul 11th 2006, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

we had a $100k deposit but a friend recently bought an investment property with a 100% mortgage that also included all the fees
Old Jul 11th 2006, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Cuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud of

we had a $100k deposit but a friend recently bought an investment property with a 100% mortgage that also included all the fees
Do you know which company they used?
We are looking at 100% cause our money is tied up.
Just want to know what repayments would be, might not be worth it.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:12 am
Tiny Member

Originally Posted by Cuddly Bear
Do you know which company they used?
We are looking at 100% cause our money is tied up.
Just want to know what repayments would be, might not be worth it.

Mortgage calculator

here is a web site for houses, very good. there is a mortgage calculator in it also
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Hiya,

Would love to know which lender that was with??...we are wanting to buy ASAP and both have jobs..the lenders we have spoken to so far have wanted 3 months of payslips..
Tanya
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

HI Tucs,

Didnt see anything in the papers about chippers
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hiya,

Would love to know which lender that was with??...we are wanting to buy ASAP and both have jobs..the lenders we have spoken to so far have wanted 3 months of payslips..
Tanya
i found this site on google.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hiya,

Tanya
Hi
Westpac (we bank with them currently) offered us a mortgage when OH had only been in his job for a week - it helped that he had been in his UK job for many, many years and that we only wanted to borrow a small amount. I did call another recommended lender - however only got through to a call centre - and said he had to be in his job for 3 months.
R
Old Jul 12th 2006, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

From what I understand it depends on the bank lending the money.
Some want 3 months payslips, others just want first payslip and then there are the ones that are OK.

We are on a 457 temp visa and we got our mortgage through HSBC and hubby hadn't even started his job. The bank was OK with it as our visa is a 4-year visa but his boss had to phone the mortgage adviser and I think he had to fax through a letter.

We did phone 3 different mortgage advisers and eventually we found one that was able to find a bank that was to help us. We got the names of the mortgage adivsers directly from the estate agents we went to.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by tucs

Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:30 am
Tiny Member

Originally Posted by macker
HI Tucs,

Didnt see anything in the papers about chippers

Hi Bunny, but did you read the headlines about partner locks husband out of house due to weekend drinking sesion?

oh my head still hurts

thanks all for the advise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.