Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying a House ?

Wikiposts

Buying a House ?

Old May 20th 2004, 10:08 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally posted by elksa
Hi,

You can actually get a loan approval for a mortgage in AUZ whilst still in England. Somebody I was talking to at the Emigration fair informed us about this and we have since looked into it.

It's a bit early for us to go down this route but is worth considering as they take into account your current earning in England when calculating how much to lend you.

I don't have the contact details of the people I spoke to at hand but I'll get them tonight and post them on here later or tomorrow.

The only problem we can see with this is if you have to take a pay cut to get a job in AUZ and then struggle to meet the mortgage repayements, however, I'll post the details and you can look into it yourselve.

Seeya.
Bumping this up as I'd be really interested in how this works.

Anyone know who to contact?

Or have you done this yourself - if so, how did it work and did you have any problems afterwards meeting the repayments?

Thanks,

Elaine M
Old Jun 20th 2004, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

avocado is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hevs
Its actually going up to 12,000 shortly.
I'm ducking out now so as the PC brigade can have a moan...........
where did you get this information from? I note that the properties for 1st tie buyers are now stap duty exempt for up to $ 500K In NSW.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 10:59 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by avocado
where did you get this information from? I note that the properties for 1st tie buyers are now stap duty exempt for up to $ 500K In NSW.
sorry, but i don't understand the question

The $7000 first time home buyers grant is being raised to $12,000 in VICTORIA. I read it in the Age, i think.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

avocado is an unknown quantity at this point

[aha! I see - Victoria only. so it remains only 7k in NSW but with the incentive of no stamp duty for properties up to 500k.