Buying a House

Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:15 am
Just Joined

bell_a_ring is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying a House

Hello,

Anybody can tell me what the procedure to buy a house in Oz?
I got my PR and now am planning to buy a house probably in Perth or Brisbane. Is there a website for this?

Do you think I should wait till the price stabilize or should buy now, knowing that the house price keeps increasing?

Thanks
Billy.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:41 am
Just Joined

AndrewC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property in Perth

Congtats on your PR!!

I have been here 3 years and now work in real estate.

If you want to find out Perth and the layout of the suburbs to each other, the sea and CBD then go the website at http://www.wa.gov.au/aboutwa.html - full of useful bits and pieces.

For property info and useful snapshots of suburbs, their median prices and rentals etc go to www.reiwa.com.au

If you want the latest figures for Perth suburbs as of June 2003 then drop me a line and I can send them to you in an excel file (about 447kB). Let me know if I can help
All the best
Andrew
Old Oct 20th 2003, 6:47 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Property in Perth

Originally posted by AndrewC
Congtats on your PR!!

I have been here 3 years and now work in real estate.

If you want to find out Perth and the layout of the suburbs to each other, the sea and CBD then go the website at http://www.wa.gov.au/aboutwa.html - full of useful bits and pieces.

For property info and useful snapshots of suburbs, their median prices and rentals etc go to www.reiwa.com.au

If you want the latest figures for Perth suburbs as of June 2003 then drop me a line and I can send them to you in an excel file (about 447kB). Let me know if I can help
All the best
Andrew

Now nowhere is safe from Real Estate Agents:scared:
Old Oct 20th 2003, 6:57 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

And thank goodness for that

The originator of the thread has been offered EXACTLY what he asked for and this is what the threads are all about - not continuous snide comments
Old Oct 20th 2003, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Mitchells is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buying a House

Originally posted by bell_a_ring
Hello,

Anybody can tell me what the procedure to buy a house in Oz?
I got my PR and now am planning to buy a house probably in Perth or Brisbane. Is there a website for this?

Do you think I should wait till the price stabilize or should buy now, knowing that the house price keeps increasing?

Thanks
Billy.

Hello Billy

There's a site called www.aussiehome.com.au its really handy for the perth area, they even have graphs to show the increase in property prices for an area over the years.

Happy house hunting.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Donk is an unknown quantity at this point

The originator of the thread has been offered EXACTLY what he asked for and this is what the threads are all about - not continuous snide comments
Thats because he asked and answered the question. Looks to me like the same geezer asking and answering. IMHO
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:31 am
Just Joined

bell_a_ring is an unknown quantity at this point

Here I am, and I did read all the posts and thanks to those who have given me some information. No, I am not a real estate agent.

Some info is better than nothing, as long as there is no obligation on my part. I did encounter real estate agent who gave some info to me and then gets upset when I don't pursue further.

But generally agents are well behaved.

And yes, the aussiehome.com.au is very useful to me. It helps me a lot to choose the place/price. Thanks. It's just that I am wondering about the distribution of the price. The chart only shows the median price. Well, the price can include 2, 3, 4 bedrooms, apartments, townhouse, etc. etc. Only shows the trend.

After looking at the chart, I generally agree that the house price is overpriced. Not that I have not bought a house and am looking for one.

Originally posted by Donk
Thats because he asked and answered the question. Looks to me like the same geezer asking and answering. IMHO