Reload this Page >

Buying furninture perth-help!!!

Buying furninture perth-help!!!

Old Apr 10th 2004, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

brummie bird is on a distinguished road
Default Buying furninture perth-help!!!

Hi to all in Perth,

We are arriving about 3rd May, we are not bringing our large furniture items, as they are due to be replaced anyway.

We need to go into rented accom, we will need to buy settee and beds, can these be bought anywhere in Perth out of the shop.i.e from stock. I dont want to pay for furnished accom any longer than i have to. But if all furniture needs ordering we may have to.

Any ideas, cheers

Angie
Old Apr 10th 2004, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Depends where you go & what you want. We bought sofas & had them delivered same week, also dining table & chairs, chest of drawers & bedside drawers, TV cabinet, matress. Washing machine, fridge freezer, TV we got the same day although fridge freezer wasn't our first choice.
Others haven't been so lucky & have had to wait but as long as you're a bit flexible should be ok.

Loopy
Old Apr 16th 2004, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

we brought NO furniture with us and we was up North originally - there is a furniture store called Pams in Wangara and it is great - alot of item sin stock - you can choose the style and any cour you want ti in - good guys electrical is where we got our electrical goods - less for cash and they were delivered next day
Old Apr 16th 2004, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point

Or get the weekly Thursday) Quokka trading magazine which has great new and used bargains. Based on our experience, there is a case for buying the basics second hand and cheap at first and gradually upgrading for 2 reasons. First, within 6 months, one learns to buy much smarter. Second, you'll be able to defer the big stuff until you know the size, colour etc of the new place.

Good luck.

David
Old Apr 16th 2004, 6:30 am
Just Joined

perthgirl will become famous soon enoughperthgirl will become famous soon enough

Hi
Just a quick note to tell you that if you are buying several items it is good to negotiate a cash price, we bought a lot of things when we arrived & someone told us to always negotiate on price we got $$$$knocked off & some freebies thrown in.
So even though its not the "british way" to haggle on price here in Perth it is good to do so.
Message me if you we can help with advice.