Reload this Page >

Buying a franchise?

Buying a franchise?

Old Dec 1st 2002, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

johnjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying a franchise?

Hello folks,
We(me,wife and 3 yr old) are hoping to move to Australia in the near future. I could try and do a independent migration as a skilled tradesman (plasterer), I score 135 points on one of them online tests if that means anything at all. Thing is, I was wondering if buying a franchise with a guaranteed income would be any easier to gain entry on a long stay visa and apply to stay permanantly later.
I'd be grateful of any advice and/or info because we're are right at the begining of this journey and help would be great.

Ta
Old Dec 1st 2002, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Buying a franchise?

Originally posted by johnjo
Hello folks,
We(me,wife and 3 yr old) are hoping to move to Australia in the near future. I could try and do a independent migration as a skilled tradesman (plasterer), I score 135 points on one of them online tests if that means anything at all. Thing is, I was wondering if buying a franchise with a guaranteed income would be any easier to gain entry on a long stay visa and apply to stay permanantly later.
I'd be grateful of any advice and/or info because we're are right at the begining of this journey and help would be great.

Ta
Hi

First of all I'm not a migration agent. There are about 4 agents in this group who are.

Getting a visa for Australia is not guaranteed as most people will tell you.

I can't answer your questions in details, but I can say this. Going for a 457 IE visa will require a lot of work to put together a case and you should get a migration agent.

Going for skilled independant will be easier than the 457 IE, depending on your situation.

Rumor has it that the 457 IE will be changing in the not to distant future.

Where do you currently live (country)? People on in this group could recommend a migration agent close to you.

You may want to download these booklets

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books6.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books7.htm

You will have to pay AU$10 each for these booklets.

If after reading these books your still unsure of which visa to go for. I WOULD get a migration agent to help you out.

Kieron
Old Dec 5th 2002, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Kieron.
I live in England. Thinking about it I think I'll go Independent Skilled route seeing as I'm a plasterer of 12 years. Just wondering about the skills assesment, how can they assess my work without coming to see me work or am I being a bit thick? I go to work render,skim or screed walls ceilings and floors and that's it end of.
Old Dec 6th 2002, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

You have to send off lots of work references from all of your past employers to the relevant skills assessment agency, along with many other details such as any qualifications etc that you may have.
Look up the websites that were given, you can get the application form online, this will give details of what you must send.

Good luck

Tina
Old Dec 14th 2002, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks people.
Sounds fairly straight forward for us,I think I can get what's required pretty easily. so we're going to go for it(like you cresta57 it's only going to be one go) and it'll be a yay or nay, so here's hoping and good luck to the rest of yer.